Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed there June 15th and the room was horrible. It stunk like cigarettes and we were reserved for a non-smoking room. We were told it was a fully stock kitchen and nothing was in it. There were no towels and no blankets.
We were to stay there for 6 nights. We lift the next am. We got a refund for the remaining nights but should have received a refund for that night. Never again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Sharon - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your room was not stocked properly for your arrival and that it had a slight smoke odor. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to redouble our efforts when cleaning and inspecting guest rooms moving forward to ensure an experience like yours is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at Idp@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I usually swear my the extended stay brand hotels. With that being said, I expected a normal extended stay room i.e bed, fully equip kitchen, as the website stated . These was my first experience with Crossland. Sweet baby Jesus, I should have stayed in my vehicle. Rude staff, smelly rooms, outdated furniture and decor! ... Never again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. In response to your feedback, I am coaching our team on how to provide better customer service moving forward. As well, I am working with our housekeeping staff to enhance our cleaning services as well as eliminate any odors lingering in our guest rooms.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Idp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We ended up here through Hotwire.com. This is an Extended Stay Property. The price was great but we found out if we'd asked for a military rate it would've been even cheaper. Regardless, it was a nice stay. Very quiet property. We had a queen bed. The TV was small so don't look for a 32" flat screen, but cable was great. Wi-Fi was fast and easy to connect. The room was pretty small a bit tight for 2 people.
The Staff (Ginnie-night shift/Ginny-day shift...true names) were very friendly, of course I arrived in the wee hours so we had to call an attendant to come check us in; however, she was there in seconds. At 3am she (Ginnie) was cordial as she could be-very impressive. Room had a fridge and stove, dishes...everything you need. The bathrooms are small and the beds-a bit outdated but again it was worth the price and did what it was intended to do.
It seemed as though they had made updates to the property in other areas, just not the area we stayed in. I would surely recommend it if your passing through and I will stay there again. I stayed at an ext Stay property last year and had a horrible experience. That time it was by choice. I was not pleased to find that I had bargained and got Extended Stay property, but I can honestly say I was VERY pleased this go round.
Thank you Crossland/Extended Stay America

Room Tip: This is a good area. Walmart, grocery store (with a starbucks in it :), fast food-all right around t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am proud of our team for providing you with great customer service. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our free cable and wifi. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel was great! We were traveling through to KC for Memorial Day weekend and EVERY hotel was booked. We found this one on a hotel website, called and was reserved for the night within minutes.

There was no hassle, the staff was very friendly and attentive.

It was an older hotel renovated to a more modern appeal. The renovations were decently done and the room was more than comfortable. Although a tad small.

Bathrooms were nice and clean. Not much space for items though.

Kitchen was fully operating from what we can tell. Didn't use anything other than the fridge.

We will definitely stay here again! The value was great! 60 bucks!

• Stayed: May 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about us. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks again and we look forward to having you visit with us again in the future!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

It is not a four-diamond hotel, so don't expect that. We stayed in one of those the two previous nights and actually preferred this Crossland hotel over it. This Crossland was relaxing and like home away from home! Fully stocked kitchen with stove, refrigerator, microwave, sink, counter space, cabinets, coffee maker, dishes, utensils..all CLEAN! It was an older TV, but sufficient. Wi fi was free, but slow for watching movies..ok for checking mail etc and you can bump the speed for a price. Plenty of Plugs by bed, in bathroom, in kitchen, by table...
CLEAN! Friendly staff. This Crossland is a great place and we will be returning!

Room Tip: Room 238 is at the mouth of the stairway on the second floor. We liked this because it was at the f...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Beverly - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am thrilled to read your remarks about our hotel and staff. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at IDP@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Crossland in Independence is a great value. It's not a 5 star, but is adequate and the price is a knock out. Also the personnel, (especially Ginny at the front desk) are genuinely interested and helpful. If you want good value then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I chk in with my daughter, had to switch rooms, due to hair in tub, no dishes and room nt clean. No soap at all either. Then we went to another room, the paint was chipping from the tub, no dishes again. Remind you it says fully equip kitchen. Towels dirty and they gave me those from the frnt desk. I wouldn't waste my 50-60 dollars unless you have no choice...

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I was disheartened to read that you were unhappy with your stay. Please accept our apologies. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to develop an updated checklist, which will help our housekeeping team tackle cleaning our guest rooms moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Idp@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
Super 8 Independence Kansas City
Days Inn Independence
Days Inn Independence
#16 of 18 in Independence
Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence? Share your experiences!