“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Independence, Missouri
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were in town on vacation and chose the Fairfield for our lodging. It was a great week there. The breakfast was very good. The breakfast attendant was very attentive and added small tasty touches to breakfast offerings like a mixed fruit compote a couple of mornings. The morning desk clerk was great. We thoroughly enjoyed the week and felt very comfortable and very happy while there. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sassystitchr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed for one (1) night only as I was in the area for a wedding. The receptionists for arrival and departure was very hospitable and made me feel very welcomed. Also offered suggestions for shopping.
Breakfast was good and there was a lot of staff making sure the buffet was always replinished and fresh. Hotel was quite busy so I was very impressed with their attention to service.

Rooms very clean and comfortable. Fast internet.

Nice surprise ... Well done.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We stay almost exclusively at Marriott properties and this was our first disappointment. The place badly needs a renovation. We had a standard king room and the mattress was in such bad shape on the top half that we would sink deep below the pillows. I suppose we could have changed rooms, but we had already unpacked everything. We had to sleep with our feet at the headboard to keep from the blood rushing to our heads! The tub was rusting and everything was just looking worn out. (Except for the television... It was nice.) It may be the reason there we only six cars in the parking lot and the Residence Inn right door was packed.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gig Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed at this Fairfield Inn so I could get a fast start in the morning heading East. I didn't have to deal with Kansas City traffic by staying in Independence. When I checked in, they had my reservation, but as I am a lifetime Platinum Elite with Marriott, I normally get upgraded. The person checking me in didn't know how to do an Elite upgrade. Other than that, the room was clean, quiet, and convenient. Breakfast was included. It was OK for a place outside of KC that provided for a fast get away, but nothing stood out as exceptional.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I have been staying here off and on since the end of last year. I have to say that the service in this hotel is absolutely perfect. One time, I didn't answer my wake up call, and the next thing I knew, the front desk clerk was knocking on my door. I don't know if that is policy in this hotel, or if she did it on her own, but either way I really appreciated it. The manager and front desk supervisor bend over backwards to help you have a great stay. This is my preferred choice when I come to KC...which is often.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Other than this hotel really needs its Marriott update, it is a wonderful place to stay! Elaine, the GM is friendly and helpful, the front desk staff is engaging and greeted me EVERY time I came or left the hotel, and the breakfast was never allowed to run out. I recommend this hotel for anyone travelling in the KC area.

Derl

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed here with our daughter's softball club team. They must have a lot of athletic teams stay here because when we checked in we got a sheet of paper with all the "rules". The kids had curfew of 10:00pm, which is fine. No alcoholic beverages in pool area or lobby. Had to be consumed in the breakfast area. Couldn't "prop" open our doors with the latch. Among a list of other things.

Overall, it was clean. It suited itself as a place to lay your head at night. Rooms were on the small side. Free internet and breakfast. Though the first morning we were there the milk was rotten. Expired dates. The bananas were brown. Wasn't too impressed with it. Pool area was clean. When I needed towels the front desk always gave them to me. I guess Fairfield's in general are on the lower end of Marriott so after just staying in a Springhill Suites, I was not too impressed.

We will probably stay here again in a month for another tournament only because they have 2 double beds and the price is good. The Residence Inn next door would've been a better option if they didn't just have a king suite to choose from. But like I've said, it's a good place to just lay your head for the night, not a vacation.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family