“Fairfield Inn, Independence, MO”

Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Fairfield Inn, Independence, MO”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed at this Fairfield Inn so I could get a fast start in the morning heading East. I didn't have to deal with Kansas City traffic by staying in Independence. When I checked in, they had my reservation, but as I am a lifetime Platinum Elite with Marriott, I normally get upgraded. The person checking me in didn't know how to do an Elite upgrade. Other than that, the room was clean, quiet, and convenient. Breakfast was included. It was OK for a place outside of KC that provided for a fast get away, but nothing stood out as exceptional.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I have been staying here off and on since the end of last year. I have to say that the service in this hotel is absolutely perfect. One time, I didn't answer my wake up call, and the next thing I knew, the front desk clerk was knocking on my door. I don't know if that is policy in this hotel, or if she did it on her own, but either way I really appreciated it. The manager and front desk supervisor bend over backwards to help you have a great stay. This is my preferred choice when I come to KC...which is often.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Other than this hotel really needs its Marriott update, it is a wonderful place to stay! Elaine, the GM is friendly and helpful, the front desk staff is engaging and greeted me EVERY time I came or left the hotel, and the breakfast was never allowed to run out. I recommend this hotel for anyone travelling in the KC area.

Derl

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Iowa
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed here with our daughter's softball club team. They must have a lot of athletic teams stay here because when we checked in we got a sheet of paper with all the "rules". The kids had curfew of 10:00pm, which is fine. No alcoholic beverages in pool area or lobby. Had to be consumed in the breakfast area. Couldn't "prop" open our doors with the latch. Among a list of other things.

Overall, it was clean. It suited itself as a place to lay your head at night. Rooms were on the small side. Free internet and breakfast. Though the first morning we were there the milk was rotten. Expired dates. The bananas were brown. Wasn't too impressed with it. Pool area was clean. When I needed towels the front desk always gave them to me. I guess Fairfield's in general are on the lower end of Marriott so after just staying in a Springhill Suites, I was not too impressed.

We will probably stay here again in a month for another tournament only because they have 2 double beds and the price is good. The Residence Inn next door would've been a better option if they didn't just have a king suite to choose from. But like I've said, it's a good place to just lay your head for the night, not a vacation.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I normally don't stay at Fairfield Inns. This time I was able to get a really good price on Priceline for this hotel. I'm glad this hotel took my offer. We stayed a Sat. and Sunday night the middle of August.

For us the hotel was perfect. A 15 minute drive to see the Red Sox play the Royals which was why we were in town. Restaurants, shopping mall, theater and Walmart all within walking distance.

The bed I thought was one of the most comfortable I had ever slept on in a hotel. For 3 adults we thought the room had plenty of room for what we needed.

The only major issue I had was a horrible smell down by the soft drink machines on the main floor. They were located by the indoor pool and next to the lobby restrooms. To me the odor smelled like something had died or a sewage smell. As long as I wasn't around that area I didn't smell anything.
All in all a nice hotel to stay in. Next time the Red Sox are in town we'll stay here we were that impressed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 23, 2011

First off, the hotel needs a MAJOR renovation. I travel throughout the US on business and typically star at either a Fairfield, Springhill or Residence Inn. This is definitely one of if not the worst that I have been to. Aside from being extremely outdated, the bedroom I was in smelled like cigarette smoke, but not like someone had recently smoked in the room. Rather, it had the old musty cigarette smoke smell. The housekeeping was also lackluster. The bed was just thrown together and I'm not sure that the bathroom was actually cleaned. The washcloth that I had put over the faucet in the sink never moved and the residue of shaving cream was still in the sink at the end of the day, so I am pretty sure that was never touched. Granted, this is the cheapest hotel in the area, but there is a reason. Pay $10 - $15 extra a night and stay someplace much nicer!

PS, I will say that the front desk staff was very nice, but so is the staff in most hotels, so that's not really a selling point for me.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Eric W

Travelers are raving about these Independence hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed here as a stop-over on a long road trip, because we had previous excellent experiences at Fairfield Inn's. This one however is horrible..... It is completely outdated and really needs remodeling. The rooms smell bad, the bed was horribly uncomfortable and the breakfast nearly not as good as it is in other Marriott hotels. Also we were woken up at 2am by phone calls from the reception about a fire smell from one of the other rooms.
Not recommended.