See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel to be close to Kauffman Stadium, it’s only a 7-minute drive. Close to restaurants and gas stations and right off the highway. Shoutout to Brian and Amber for being excellent hosts!

The parking lot badly needs to be torn up and repaved. The hotel is very dated but it’s my understanding they’re undergoing renovations.

The hotel was clean and breakfast was tasty. If I ever come back to Kansas City area to see a Royals game, I will definitely come back to this hotel as it served its purpose for me!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

JournieJunkie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough and insightful review regarding the parking and suggestions to improve the experience for our valued guests in the future. We are glad that you found the majority of your experience to be satisfactory. We're glad you had a good time with us and Our team will be waiting for your next return for another well-deserved break.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

My family and I had a one night stay and was very disappointed. The first room we received was on the first floor and smelled of a musty odor. We asked to be moved and it was to a second floor room. The bathroom smelled when you flushed the toilet and the circulation in the room was not the best. We left for the evening came home to bed and in the morning I noticed the comforter was hidden in between clean sheets but was stained with makeup that wasn’t mine and the other side revealed the were just dirty. My husband will be asking for a refund from the online service he booked from. I wouldn’t recommend this place and they should have a thorough cleaning and inspection before renting out these rooms to guests.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

marlo20182018,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your comments regarding the floor tile in the bathroom, toilet and the unpleasant odor have been taken into account. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. This review gives us a glimpse of the pressing matters at the hotel and rectify them as soon as possible.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

This hotel is on the outskirts of Kansas City in Independence MO. The front of the hotel was nice and the check-in staff was really nice. When we walked into the room section of the hotel you could tell it was older and not updated. When we walked into the room it had a musty smell. The door was an old metal door and stuck when trying to open it. the bathroom door was also metal and all scratched up. The plugs in the room were all worn out and everything you plugged in would fall out. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was OK it had some hot and some continental.. My wife and daughter had the gravy biscuit and said it was good. I didn't like the sausage or bacon. We likely wouldn't stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Mike S,

We are sorry to hear that your stay & experience was unpleasant. We do our very best to ensure our rooms & facilities are thoroughly cleaned and maintained. Thank you for bringing this misstep to our attention, as it helps us to improve. We hope you will give us another chance should you return to the area.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

Management nice, but the room was not up to par. It was one of the most expensive hotels we stayed in and one of the worst quality wise. Pool was cold, sheets ripped, musty smell (room was spacious), cheap repairs. I will not stay at another Quality Inn.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

leilani417,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I apologize if you did not feel that our housekeeping met your own standards of cleanliness, though our own standards are very high and include checking up to ensure that rooms are as clean as can be. We want you to experience the best value for your money, to feel comfortable, and to have your expectations exceeded; I hope that this will be the case during your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

You can tell the whole property is getting a real face lift. The staff was great and very friendly. Rooms were nice and spacious. Was nervous at first based on some past reviews, but this place has made some major improvements in the past 6 months or so.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear phillip m,

On behalf of my entire team, we would like to thank you for your wonderful review and thank you for noticing our recent updates that we have made to our property. I'm glad that our services, hospitality, and accommodations exceeded your expectations and
hope that you experience the same comfortable stay during your next visit! It is so rewarding to hear that we were able to give you a five star experience and we look forward to your next visit!