“Maybe you'll have a better experience than me.”

Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Independence
“Maybe you'll have a better experience than me.”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located off the Noland Road exit of I-70 just East of Kansas City, MO. It is approximately 3.5 miles East of Kaufmann & Arrowhead Stadiums. Compared to other Quality Inn hotels I’ve stayed at this one falls short. The building is in dire need of renovations. The food and beverage was below average. The eggs at breakfast were of the fake variety. Their 24-hour coffee station in the dining area was not maintained during off breakfast hours. There were no clean towels in my room when I checked in. I had to accept accommodations in a smoking room. I was told all the rooms were cleaned and aired out, even the smoking rooms. I was able to tell as soon as I opened the door. They have an indoor and outdoor pool. I enjoyed the outdoor pool but never got the chance to experience the indoor pool. I would not recommend to a friend

• Stayed June 2014
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us here at Quality Inn & Suites. I have talked with all staff to ensure all guests rooms are ready and that we are staying on top of the drink station. We are planning renovations this fall. We hope that you will come back and see us.
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights to go to a Royals game and check out Kansas City. It was a reasonable distance from the stadium. The front staff was so friendly! We arrived early and it was no problem checking in early. The lobby and our room was very clean. We thought the bed was comfortable. There was a weird smell in our room from the A/C but it wasn't unbearable.

The breakfast was okay. There was an assortment of things but nothing spectacular. The space was also very small.

The decor was outdated, but that's not really a huge deal to me. The only qualm I had was all the doors stuck. The bathroom door in our room never closed all the way, the door to our room was hard to open and shut and the door to get in to our section to the hotel was hard to open.

Otherwise, I would stay again for a short stay for clean rooms and friendly staff. And also for the custard place just down the road!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for us at Quality Inn & Suites. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I am currently staying at the Quality Inn in Independence, MO and I have never stayed in such a dump in my entire life. I actually joined tripadvisor tonight just to make sure people don't make the same mistake I did. The room smells absolutely terrible. The carpet underneath the air conditioner is soaking wet (which is probably causing the overwhelming mildew smell). The refrigerator smells terrible as well. The television doesn't work either. This place needs to be condemned.

I travel for work and spend about 75% of weekdays in hotels. I have stayed in many budget hotels and never have I come across a place this disgusting. Stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Rooms is other hotels are better
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Daniel S
Dear Guest,
I'm very sorry your stay with us was not up to par. Since your visit I have sent maintenance in the mentioned room and he is currently working on fixing all issues with the ac unit. I do apologize, and would like to offer you a discount of 25% off if you choose to stay with us again. I hope you can give us another chance. Hope to see you soon.
Management

Travelers are raving about these Independence hotels

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had a nice stay in a large clean room but they had not got a cot ready for us and they couldn't get us sheets for it because there were no housekeeping staff. Eventually the miserable man on reception did manage to find one. He was very unhelpful and unfriendly from the moment we arrived, hardly speaking a word during check in. The wifi was very poor and could often only be accessed by moving from the room to the corridor. Even then it was very slow. Breakfast was ok but not great. The waffle machine was probably the best part. The disposable plates etc didn't help matters. A good selection of breakfast items though.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm sorry to hear our front desk was not friendly or inviting upon your check in. Since your visit I have set down with all front desk staff to ensure everyone is being treated correctly. I also have contacted my internet company to ensure all guests are receiving a good signal. We hope to see you again.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The air conditioning was awesome! The beds were a little uncomfortable. The breakfast was not served early enough (not until 7:00). We went for a softball tournament and had to be at the field at 7:00am so we didn't even have the change to eat breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Quality Inn & Suites. We hope to see you again.
Paul Desai
Marthasville, Missouri
Reviewed June 22, 2014

There is a gang of us staying here, because we are working in the area. The Staff is VERY Friendly and the Housekeeping is very clean. Its in a very good location, being just west of Kansas City. The is restaurants and Shopping in walking distance. They have an indoor and outdoor pool.Will be staying here again when in the area

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Quality Inn & Suites. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Please come back and see us!!
Paul Desai
Paris, Tennessee
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Room was large , clean. Staff very friendly .Hot tub and pool were clean and well heated. Breakfeast was good except for the eggs. . Not the real thing. Location is great . Yes we would stay again when in KC

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Judy079
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us here at Quality Inn & Suites. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. If your in the area again please come and see us.

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Best Western Truman Inn
Days Inn Independence
Days Inn Independence
#15 of 18 in Independence
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East? Share your experiences!