“The service and stay was great.”

Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Independence
“The service and stay was great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My Experience at Quality Inn was quite a pleasant one from the desk clerk Connie who was joyful and was able to answer all my questions. Also the rooms where very nice and the stay was nice and relaxing. Some of the best staff I've seen in a hotel. Keep up the good work. Also a Thank you to Ms.Connie for putting a smile on my face at check in.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank tkfml

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Watkins, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I spent Labor Day at Quality Inn in Independence MO - Nice size room, the building is older and could use some updating. Limited furniture in room, could use a couple comfortable chairs, We were in a suite. No elevator. Staff were very nice and friendly, and the breakfast was great - a lot of choices. Good location too! Close to stadiums and restaurant. Would recommend as an average hotel at an average price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RandG_MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Front desk clerk Tabatha was very friendly and fast. Breakfast was great with many choices. Room was clean and good size. Was great to have indoor and outdoor pool. Great staff, would recommend this hotel to everyone. Very easy to find ,great location

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank greatestalive
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hallways just absolutely reek of smoke. Non-smoking room had cigarette burns on the counters, bedspreads, pillows and sheets smelled of smoke. Musty and damp carpet. Carpet was not even vacuumed. My wife found bugs in one of the beds. Other reviews made this sound like a okay place to stay, they are absolutely misleading. I will never stay at a Quality Inn ever again. This was absolutely the grossest hotel I can ever remember and I don't have champagne tastes. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I paid $92 for one night after going to the KC Royals game. I also stayed at the Hampton across from Oceans of Fun earlier this summer, this is a much nicer hotel for $109 per night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GoBigRed2012
qualityindependencek, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites Hotel for your recent stay in our area.

• Management and maintenance staff were consulted about the overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke which you encountered. It was suggest that ways to eliminate it be looked into.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bugs and instructed to look into the matter and see to their complete extermination.

• I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Independence hotels

Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

It started with a surly desk clerk last night and went downhill from there. Used towel on the bathroom floor. The clean towels were stained. Moldy carpet; the air conditioning unit was apparently leaking it's condensation.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Personnels, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Sir,

I have reviewed your reservation and identified the room in which you were staying, and the desk clerk that handled your check-in. I would like to help resolve these issues in any way I can; you can contact me at my email, or here at the hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience, and my thanks for alerting me to these issues at the hotel.

Ashley Harness
ashley.qisales@gmail.com
(816) 373-8856 ext. 185
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

This motel is located in a great spot, approximately 4 miles from the Royals baseball stadium and within a 15 minute drive downtown. We paid a little more to get one of the suites as we were travelling with our 2 year old. It was well worth it. They have a great breakfast in the morning, microwave and fridge in the room, flat screen TV and comfortable bed. The bathroom was a little small, but adequate. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this property recently while on a short vacation. I have stayed at many Choice Hotels. The hotel is typical for this class and type of property - you get what you expect: a decent and reasonably clean room, a simple breakfast, and an inexpensive price. This particular property is showing its age and it's a bit worn and in need of renovation and updating. The room was clean and included a refrigerator and microwave, and the beds were good. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome at checkin. Breakfast included hot and cold items including waffles, eggs and meat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
BEST WESTERN Truman Inn
Days Inn Independence
Days Inn Independence
#14 of 18 in Independence
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East? Share your experiences!