“Very comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Colorado
“Very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Here's my checklist: Clean room- check; Comfy bed- check; Frig in room- check; Good cable- check; Good shower pressure- check; Good breakfast- check. Some nitpicks, but all in all a very comfortable stay. I was only here one night while driving east and the hotel is just off the interstate past St. Louis, so a very convenient location if you're driving I-70.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Franklin, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We always stay at the Choice Hotel chain because of the memory foam mattresses and the fact that breakfast is included. The bathroom was in need of an update. It had old fixtures and peeling ceiling paint. A leak in the bathroom made the rug wet next to the bed. Staff was nice, accomodating and didn't give us a hassle about our service dog.

Room Tip: No elevator to second floor
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BettyIndependence, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of your room condition. We are in the process of updating our bathroom facilities, and I apologize that you experienced a leak in your bathroom. Maintenance has located the issue and it has been taken care of. I am glad that our staff stood out as accomodating and nice; I will make sure they know how much they are appreciated. Again, we appreciate your feedback, and we hope you get the opportunity to come back and see us!
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Staff was very pleasant to work with & recognized us as Premiere Choice members. Check-in was pleasant with a new hire being trained for the first time. The trainer (manager?) asked us if it would be alright prior to having the rookie begin the process. She is an excellent trainer, as she was giving Customer Service tips each step of the way as the young man entered the info into the computer.

Nice salt-water pool (in-doors) & hot tub, sauna area. Small workout room with recumbent bike, treadmill and universal weight machine.

Rooms are spacious, but we needed to have the fan on to drown out the noises made both inside & out by other guests. My guess is that it was normal conversational tone, but the could have been louder. Comfortable bed.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Starr2McGee
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with our front desk staff. I know she will be pleased to know that her hard work does not go unnoticed. I am sorry you had some noise issues; if you would like to e-mail gm.mo122@choicehotels.com and let us know which room number you were in, I will have maintenance make sure that all sound-proofing measures are double-checked. I'm glad you had the opportunity to try out the recreation facilities, and that you found the bed comfortable. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel.
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

Very close to all we needed. Quiet in rooms, comfy sleeping. Free breakfast was a great way to start our day for a drive home.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany-QualityInn, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are very glad you enjoyed your quiet, comfy room, and the hot breakfast. Make sure to stop by again if you and your family are in the Independence, MO area!
Madras, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel and enjoyed it very much. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. I got some good advice and help from one staff member who had lived in Oregon. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job too. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was great. There was a great barbecue restaurant across the parking lot. I don't remember the name of the restaurant but it was fabulous. If I go back to the Kansans City, Independence area, I would definitely stay here. However, it is very difficult to walk down the street to the stores. There are very few sidewalks. I took my life in my hands just to get to KMart. I would not recommend walking anywhere around the hotel, except inside the parking lot

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jaypoo
We are happy you enjoyed your stay. The barbeque place across the parking lot is Bandana's, and I'm glad you liked it. I will let our housekeepers and front desk staff know that their hard work and extra effort are appreciated. Thank you for your positive feedback, and we hope you will stop by our hotel again the next time you are in the Independence, MO area.
independence, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Had a wonderful stay. The remodeling they did on the place is great! I really enjoyed the fast internet also.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

Things ran very smoothly here a few nights ago,and I just wanted to compliment you all on the great service. Thank you very much for everything!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
BEST WESTERN Truman Inn
Days Inn Independence
Days Inn Independence
#14 of 18 in Independence
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East? Share your experiences!