“Nice Surprise”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We have found that the Choice Hotels are hit and miss. However, we were pleasantly surprised at this Quality Inn. Though it's an older hotel we found it to be nicely updated and very clean. Connie checked us in and couldn't have been nicer or more informative.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Seattle
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Although the room was budget friendly, I would never stay there again. There was an overwhelming smell of mold/mildew, and the room felt very damp. My husband and I were very uncomfortable there and did not sleep well at all.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank seattleite61
BettyIndependence, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
As always, we appreciate our guests taking the time to express their opinions about their stay with us. It is unfortunate, but, yes we were experiencing a challenge with a mildew odor in a few of our rooms. I would like you to know we have been working on that issue and have found the cause. Please give us another try in the future.
Cairo, Missouri
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Very nice staff at check in. Room was very spacious and nice. Beds were very comfortable. Free breakfast in the morning was very good. Overall, very well pleased with the service, price, quality, and cleaniness. The pool area looked great too, however I didnt use it. The hotel is close to I70, shopping, Harry Truman musuem, Arrowhead & Kauffman stadiums.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beachinfool
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel/motel for one night. I was a bit disapointed in that I could tell it was and older motel that was refurbished and just couldnt overcome its old bones. Carpet was not that great even thought it was repainted in the rooms it didnt feel fresh. That being said it wasnt that clean, especially the bathroom, which had a slight smell to it. Breakfast was included and it was ok , they had to open up the conference room to accomodate everyone. I wouldnt stay there again , unless it was the only thing left.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank betsy60
qualityindependencek, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping was instructed to see to the rooms being properly outfitted before being released for occupancy.

• Management were notified of the problem you experienced and situation is being looked into.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We chose this hotel based on our vacation route and because it was part of the "Choice Priveleges" program. I rarely write anything negative about facitlites at which we stay since we tend to research every place carefully before making a decision. However, this hotel was not one of the best for us. Our room was certainly clean enough, and the folks at check in were nice enough. The real drawback here was noise. First, the walls were thin so you heard everything. We had two motocyclists pull in right outside our window several times during the evening and the sound from their engines was incredible. To make matters worse, there was a gap under our door. A family with children was directly across the hall from us and they were in and out of the room constantly and we could hear every piece of their conversation. Every time another room door opened or closed, we heard AND felt it. The room itself was clean and the bed was comfortable enough but without proper insulation, that didn't matter much since sleep was hard to come by. A bit on the expensive side compared to other "overnight" hotels and with the noise factor included, not a great value in our estimation.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is well insulated from the noise.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Docksider
BettyIndependence, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about our hotel, I would like to discuss the problems with you. We receive very few complaints about noise, so that matter is of concern to me. I would like to try to make the bad experience up to you in some way. You may contact me directly at the hotel (816-373-8856) or via email at gm.mo122@choichotels.com.
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Not worth $71.00 we paid. Breakfast was average. Day one of big travel. We will definitively seek out new properties.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank DJPaula
I truely regret that your experience with us was not up to the level we try to give all of our guests, I would lke the opportunity to "make it right" please give us a call or send an email to me at barbharrington75@yahoo.com. Thank you for taking the time to express your frustrations, it does help us become a better hotel.
manhatttan
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Hotel in need of repair. Doors repainted so many times need to shove door with body weight to open, room thermostat not accurate and room fluctuated from hot to cold all night. Bathtub faucet dripped all night and exhaust fan did not work. Front desk staff made no attempt to fix other to "let maintenance person know". Breakfast not able to accommodate guests when hotel is full. Not enough seating, food, or waffle makers. Very disappointing stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family