“Refurbished older hotel/motel”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Refurbished older hotel/motel”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel/motel for one night. I was a bit disapointed in that I could tell it was and older motel that was refurbished and just couldnt overcome its old bones. Carpet was not that great even thought it was repainted in the rooms it didnt feel fresh. That being said it wasnt that clean, especially the bathroom, which had a slight smell to it. Breakfast was included and it was ok , they had to open up the conference room to accomodate everyone. I wouldnt stay there again , unless it was the only thing left.

1 Thank betsy60
qualityindependencek, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping was instructed to see to the rooms being properly outfitted before being released for occupancy.

• Management were notified of the problem you experienced and situation is being looked into.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We chose this hotel based on our vacation route and because it was part of the "Choice Priveleges" program. I rarely write anything negative about facitlites at which we stay since we tend to research every place carefully before making a decision. However, this hotel was not one of the best for us. Our room was certainly clean enough, and the folks at check in were nice enough. The real drawback here was noise. First, the walls were thin so you heard everything. We had two motocyclists pull in right outside our window several times during the evening and the sound from their engines was incredible. To make matters worse, there was a gap under our door. A family with children was directly across the hall from us and they were in and out of the room constantly and we could hear every piece of their conversation. Every time another room door opened or closed, we heard AND felt it. The room itself was clean and the bed was comfortable enough but without proper insulation, that didn't matter much since sleep was hard to come by. A bit on the expensive side compared to other "overnight" hotels and with the noise factor included, not a great value in our estimation.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is well insulated from the noise.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Docksider
BettyIndependence, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about our hotel, I would like to discuss the problems with you. We receive very few complaints about noise, so that matter is of concern to me. I would like to try to make the bad experience up to you in some way. You may contact me directly at the hotel (816-373-8856) or via email at gm.mo122@choichotels.com.
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Not worth $71.00 we paid. Breakfast was average. Day one of big travel. We will definitively seek out new properties.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank DJPaula
I truely regret that your experience with us was not up to the level we try to give all of our guests, I would lke the opportunity to "make it right" please give us a call or send an email to me at barbharrington75@yahoo.com. Thank you for taking the time to express your frustrations, it does help us become a better hotel.
manhatttan
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Hotel in need of repair. Doors repainted so many times need to shove door with body weight to open, room thermostat not accurate and room fluctuated from hot to cold all night. Bathtub faucet dripped all night and exhaust fan did not work. Front desk staff made no attempt to fix other to "let maintenance person know". Breakfast not able to accommodate guests when hotel is full. Not enough seating, food, or waffle makers. Very disappointing stay.

1 Thank harleymanhattan
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 30, 2011

my family found the hotel to be friendly, clean with comfortable rooms and beds. showing some age but overall a good experience. The indoor pool area was ok, needed some attention and the hot tub did not work. The outdoor pool area was better. The breakfast was great with lots of selection. the bbq place next door was great and convenient. the hotel has ez access to the ballparks, just 3 miles away.

glenpool, OK
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We spent 3 nights at the hotel. Our room was at the far end of the hotel so the wi-fi took a while to connect to but did eventually connect. When we got to the room it did not look like the carpet had been vacuumed. The bathroom looked clean. Bedding appeared clean. The bed was actually quite comfortable, not hard like you find in many hotels. If you like firm pillows, bring your own. The bathroom is very small, just enough room for one person. Also, there was only one outlet in the bathroom and it is taken up by the provided hair dryer. There were only outlets on one side of the bed which makes it inconvenient if you need access to electricity. The outdoor pool area was very nice. The indoor pool and hot tub needs attention. On a posting from a month ago there was mention the hot tub was broken and guess what, it is still broken. I would think this would have been something management would have fixed by now, it was very disappointing. The floor and the walls of the building where the pool is located needs repainting. The breakfast area was very nice. They offered scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, danishes, cereal, waffles and yogurt. The hotel was booked solid when we were there and there was a lot of people eating breakfast but the hostess on duty did a good job of keeping everything filled. All staff at the hotel were nice. The hotel has washers and dryers available to use for a charge. The pictures on the hotels website are accurate representations of what the hotel looks like. There is a BBQ restaurant next to the hotel that has some good food and there is also a gas station with a convenience store. I don't feel like this was a bad place to stay but the owners of the hotel need to do some basic upkeep on the property. Also, there were no microwaves in the room, just a mini fridge. I would think this would be standard in a hotel of this size. Also, our phone in our room did not work.

Room Tip: first floor there is no elevator
Raytown, Missouri
Reviewed June 22, 2011

my new husband booked this room for us for our wedding night. well, when he checked in, it was storming pretty hard and the lady at the front desk just so happened to forget to tell him that the room he was booking was without power. when we went out after our wedding, the room was pitch black and so was the hallway we had to walk down to get to our room. we had to use our cell phones as flash lights because the only light was the flickering exit light at the end of the hall. it was like something out of a horror flick! so we went up to ask the front desk guy if we could get a new room, all he had to say was "nope". so then we said "well can we get our money back then" and so he said "hold on" and called his manager and then got off the phone and said "i guess we can just cancel your room" it's a week later and we still don't have any money from them deposited in our account.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank momof2_2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Best Western Truman Inn
Days Inn Independence
Days Inn Independence
#15 of 18 in Independence
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East? Share your experiences!