“Choose the Marquirta over the dinner menu!”

Salty Iguana Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 257 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Now I'll be honest, this place has killer marquirtas. They are flavorful and well balanced. Sorry I can't say that about the food. The enchiladas, blue corn tacos and dips were adequate, but nothing special. The enchilada sauce was delicious but the meat was under seasoned and the cheese was skimpy. I do appreciate the corn versus flour tortilla. The tacos were a bit greesy and again they suffered from bland meat. The wait staff was very attentive and the prices are reasonable. If you are looking for a great place for drinks and chips and salsa then this is your "hand". If you are looking for an authentic Mexican meal or a tasty Tex-Mex Meal......you need to keep on looking!

1  Thank mangus620

Reviewed October 27, 2012

When we were remodeling the kitchen Salty Iguana became a usual on Wednesday nights. The servers come to know us and the food is pretty good too. I really like the Tacos Lite.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

This place just didn't meet my expectations. I had to sweep chip crumbs off the booth seat before I sat down, with no comment, help or apology from the hostess. The tortilla chips were cold and the salsa even colder. The salsa had s sweet taste, similar to pizza sauce! The "Independence " plate I ordered came with a chalupa that was placed over the black beans, making it soggy and difficult to eat. I have to say that the beef enchilada was fantastic! It was covered with a delicious sauce.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had family come into town from out of State on a Saturday night, and we wanted a place where 18 persons could eat together. Without much advance notice, they put enough tables together along a back wall, gave us our own waitress, and we had a great time. Our server was Alley, and she was TERRIFIC. I would like to especially compliment her, but the others that seated us, and helped serve us were also excellent

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family has been going to Salty Iguana for decades.The food is always yummy. Nice happy hour too. Prices are very reasonable and the waitstaff is generally good. It is fun looking at all the Iguana artwork painted on the walls with KC themed backgrounds.