“Decent Mexican food for a chain, but this location is a bit dirty”
Review of On the Border

On the Border
Ranked #108 of 257 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 6, 2009

I like On the Border restaurants overall - while not exactly authentic, they do have great Mexican food (but greasy, very greasy!). I love their queso dip and chimichangas. Recently though I found myself at this location, and sat down to a table to notice my appetizer plate and my fork both had caked-on food on them. The waiter promptly took the plate away when he saw it, but I had to ask for another fork. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful, but nothing turns me off to a restaurant more than finding evidence of uncleanliness - someone set the table with dirty items and didn't even notice. That's worrisome. Maybe try a different location, although it's not exactly a 5-star restaurant no matter where you go.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 29, 2008

For american-mexican food, the tastes are good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook