“Get the Fried Avocado”

Cuisines: Mexican
Independence, Missouri
“Get the Fried Avocado”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

On the Border is still like fast food and fake Mexican, but it's still very good fast food. The fried avocado is wonderful. The soup was salty, but the burrito was good even though I thought it was all a little salty for my diet. But there is something for everyone, and the service is good.

• Visited May 2013

Independence, Missouri
“Very good.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I always enjoy Tex Mex food. There are plenty of options in independence but I always like on the border. The wait staff is always energetic and attentive you always leave happy.

1 Thank Jbow
Strafford, Missouri
“ok - good meal”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

great ambience - great wait staff - loved our waitress - food was good - not too loud - able to carry on a conversation

Visited September 2013
Bates City Missouri
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We recently visited for their advertised "all you can eat taco" special for $8.99. Your choice of taco meat, chicken or pork.
I started with one pork and one chicken soft shell. First plates comes with rice and your choice of beans. Retried or black. The pork meat was shredded. VERY SALTY, burned my tongue. Couldn't eat it. The chicken was shredded as well that had been simmered in a broth. They obviously forgot to drain the chicken as my plate was full of the broth. Rice was decent. Black beans were good but plain.
My husband ordered for the hard shell taco meat (assumed it was beef) not sure. He said they were just ok. He then ordered two pork. After a couple bites he was done. We had tried years ago when they first opened. Wasn't impressed. Not much has changed!

• Visited August 2013
Springfield, MO
“Paleo-ish upon request”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Trying to adhere to a more Paleo influence in my diet. I walked to the restaurant from my hotel. I ordered a wonderful steak fajita dinner....Baja style I think. It had red bell peppers, onions, squash and zucchini. I asked if I could have extra guacamole and veggies instead of refried beans, tortillas, sour cream, and rice. She brought out the plates with tons of fantastic veggies listed above and 3 big dollops of guacamole. It was wonderful!!!

Beware however...the Margarita menu does not have prices. I knew I wanted a top shelf margarita though so I did not ask. It was $9.99!!!! OMG!! It was a good margarita, but geez it was not 10 dollars good!!

Aside from the shock of the liquor price it was a very enjoyable experience.

Visited July 2013