“Excellent margaritas and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of On the Border

On the Border
Ranked #103 of 249 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Bellingham, Washington
“Excellent margaritas and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

LOVED this place, which we stumbled upon after booking hotel nearby at Hilton Garden Inn in Independence, MO. LOVED the fast, friendly service, the SUPER strong margaritas, and the delicious, generous portions of food. SO happy we ate here instead of the pricey steakhouse next door. Go!

Visited June 2013

Independence, Missouri
“Middle of the Road Tex-Mex”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hadn't been to an OTB in many years and this experience was far better than what I recalled. Food was slow to arrive for a Tuesday night. Wait staff was excellent. Not too bad for a casual dining chain restaurant, but then I had fairly low expectations.

• Visited May 2013
Independence, Missouri
“Not my favorite experience But still okay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

The wife and I ate there 2 weeks ago. We walked in and we're seated immediately. When we ordeed the waitress was friendly but she was a little Frantic or maybe new to her job. When we receive our appetizers no 1 brought any place for us to use. No 1 even noticed until after we were done with our appetizer that plates had nt been brought. Our server was very apologetic. When we were seated our server had mentioned that she had a teammate that would be helping us as well so if we needed anything and she was not around we could just ask that team mate
We never once saw that person. Over all the experience was nice but the dining room was a little chilly that evening. And service was mediocre at best. Food was really good though. I will probably return just not for a little while.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“On The Border with Every Chain Mexican Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was the first time I tried this chain, naively expecting something better than the rest. It was really the same food at a different place. I tried a combination plate (El Patron) and the food was very salty. The black beans tasted, I am certain, as if they had not been rinsed properly after being rehydrated. Overhead glass racks (a la 1980s) in the bar area prevent a clear view of the TVs.

Visited January 2013
Lincoln, Missouri, United States
“Can't Wait to go Back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Ate here for the first time. Didn't have to wait to get a table. Ordered the empanadas and chile relleno. Wow! The food was very good and the service was great. I highly recommend this place and I definitely will go back. The salsa was a little hotter than I like, but good and hard to stop eating.

• Visited November 2012