“Yum, Yum chocolate”

On the Border
Ranked #110 of 257 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 4, 2012

chocolate dipping sauce for sopapillas, if I had known I would have just had a meal of them sometimes the simplest is the best

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Wait time is usually pretty long. Along with the service I have found to not be so great for how much each entree costs. Dont waste your time!

Reviewed March 7, 2011

The food was very good. I love their chips and salsa before the meal too, but the service was terribly slow. It seemed like they were probably understaffed for a busy day.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

I recently had lunch at On the Border and there was giant green bugs crawling around in my salad, drowning in my salad dressing!!!!! I noticed one on my fork just before I put it in my mouth. It was very disgusting and I will never eat there again!! Please be warned!

1  Thank mexican16
Reviewed February 6, 2009

I like On the Border restaurants overall - while not exactly authentic, they do have great Mexican food (but greasy, very greasy!). I love their queso dip and chimichangas. Recently though I found myself at this location, and sat down to a table to notice my appetizer plate and my fork both had caked-on food on them. The waiter promptly took the plate away when he saw it, but I had to ask for another fork. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful, but nothing turns me off to a restaurant more than finding evidence of uncleanliness - someone set the table with dirty items and didn't even notice. That's worrisome. Maybe try a different location, although it's not exactly a 5-star restaurant no matter where you go.