“Forget the big steak burger sign out front” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Clinton, Arkansas
“Forget the big steak burger sign out front”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Pay attention to the Lobito's sign below. Holly Molly this is hands down the best Mexican restaurant I have ever eaten--and I have eaten at plenty. The salsa was perfect. The chips were perfect. The cheese dip I loved--might be a little bland for some. The shredded beef fried tacos were flat out the best tacos I have ever had!
The rice was very good--might not be spicy enough for some. The tamale was not heavy like a lot but light and probably the best I have ever eaten in a restaurant.

This was my first trip--but not my last!-so I can't tell you about the other items--yet.
The staff was very friendly and made you feel like an old friend. Service was excellent. The prices are ridiculously cheap. I ate all of the above and didn't even come close to spending $10.00!

You need to do yourself a favor and try this establishment. Don't be put off by the outside appearance. You won't be sorry!

• Visited August 2013

Independence, Missouri
“REALLY GOOD FOOD !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Ate here with my wife and kids really enjoyed the food , really fresh. The staff is awesome, we
will be back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lone Jack, Missouri
“Oh . . . My . . . Goodness! Yes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've eaten at Lobito's numerous times. The food is always fresh. Don't think fast food. It doesn't take forever, but good, freshly cooked, authentic, Mexican food does not magically appear in two minutes. The food is always delicious. I have literally never eaten anything here that I did not enjoy. The portions are enormous. My wife and I usually split a meal and we both leave full. The variety and range of items on the menu are outstanding. It is not just the standard fare. The owner and the staff are very, very friendly and accommodating. We have arrived there late with a group at times, and they have cheerfully stayed past closing time to feed us. Cheerfully.

They serve the usual chips-and-mild-salsa appetizer at no charge, but there is also a salsa bar with a wide variety of freshly made salsas. Yum.

Neither the building nor the decor are hugely impressive. They're just okay. So what? Personally, I don't go to a restaurant in order to assess their architectural style or their taste in decorating. The food is great, the place is clean. That's all I ask. Okay, it's not a place to impress your date if you are young and looking for a romantic atmosphere. I get that. Me? I want excellent food. That is what Lobito's provides.

Also, the prices are extremely moderate. I would pay more for the quality and food of food they serve.

I've never eaten a steak burger at Lobito's. I understand that some folks just don't like ethnic cuisine, but I don't go to Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Italian, Ethiopian, etc. restaurants for the hamburgers. However, I simply cannot imagine that their steak burgers would not be excellent. If they can handle the complexities of the great Mexican food they prepare, how could they go wrong on a steak burger?

Eat at Lobito's. I mean, really. Eat at Lobito's. Don't delay. I'm fairly selective about where I eat. Lobito's is high on my list.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tulsa, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“its good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

didn't eat the steak burgers but the mexican was very good. servers and owner were very nice and accomodating. was very clean and just all together welcoming. I had the carnitas and wife had the tamales. Very Good.

• Visited September 2011
Independence, Missouri
“Best authentic Mexican food in KC (Awesome burgers, too).”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

By far my favorite Mexican restaurant in town, and I've been to a lot of 'em! Staff is always very friendly and attentive. Prices are low for the huge amount of food you get. They're not kidding when they say Nobody Ever Goes Home Hungry! There's a little bit of everything on the menu including both Mexican and American breakfast foods. The burgers are also surprisingly good. I made the mistake of ordering a double, not knowing they were half pound patties. I could barely get my mouth around it with the fresh onions, lettuce and tomatos on the bottom bun. The free salsa bar is fantastic. Everybody in the family has a favorite. Mine's the habanero but be forwarned, it's mega hot! Try this place and expect to take tomorrow's lunch home with you. The atmosphere is not fancy at all. It's almost the same as when it was a Texas Tom's. When you eat here, expext friendly people and great food and value.

• Visited August 2011