Woodstock Inn Bed and Breakfast
$84
Fairfield Inn
$109
GardenInn.com
Comfort Suites Independence(Independence)(Great Value!)
$90
$128
$118
$104
Best Western Truman Inn(Independence)(Great Value!)
$92
$85
$132
$107
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$55
Higher Ground Hotel(Independence)
$90
$129
All reviewsmoroccan roomwafflesbeautiful roomtruman librarybreakfast was deliciousroyals gamedowntown independenceeasy accessgreat place to stayhot tubparking lotpamsuitekckeeperlouisstadium
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I stayed when on a business trip for two nights, I had the best time it was a nice cozy inn. The owners were wonderful and it was a great location from where the conference was held. My compaion and I plan to take a leisure trip real soon just to enjoy our stay as well as some of the sights in the area and places to see along the way. Highly recommend for couples to just get away.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank BG4RL
Reviewed October 12, 2008

My husband and I stayed in the French Boudoir for a weekend getaway, and it really did feel like a quaint boudoir! Everything was very clean, and felt private. The hosts were friendly without being too talky/pushy - a good balance! I'd say most of the travellers were older, but there were a few younger couples too. As far as the accomodations, there is a nice little CD player with jazz and classic music available - perfect for relaxing in the two-person jacuzzi! The bath was extremely clean and comfortable, very nice.

Two major things, however. There is no door separating the bathroom from the bedroom - it loops around near the hottub, protecting you by sight but not with any partition. Some people might not be bothered by that but we felt it could be a bit awkward. Also, the shower was quite possibly the smallest shower I've ever been in! Ladies, good luck trying to shave in there!

Aside from that, our stay was wonderful. I wasn't sure what to expect from the breakfast, but it was delicious. A word of caution - DON'T go to one of the recommended restaurants, Salvatore's. We went hoping for a nice little Italian place and it was awful - which was odd, since it came highly recommended by the woman who checked us in! Don't waste your money..you're better off with a chain!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JenBar
Reviewed February 29, 2008

My husband and I spent one night in the Wedgewood Suite. Our room and the entire place were really beautiful. Patricia and Todd were very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast was delicious too!! Independence is a neat town. We highly recommend staying at the Woodstock Inn B & B when visiting this town.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 20, 2007

We chose this B&B for our 10th anniversary and can't say enough about it. We stayed in the Oriental Suite and enjoyed the antique wedding bed and the spa tub by the fireplace. The most romantic room ever! You can't get that in a hotel for $199/night. The owners are unexpectedly sweet and gracious -- aiming to make your stay the best in can be. We are picky and have checked other B&B's, and this one is by far the best. You won't be disappointed. The Independence Square is quiet and lovely. Safe to take a stroll if weather permits, or sit outside and enjoy the beautiful landscaping. Breakfast was fabulous -- we sat outside at a table for two. Unforgettable!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank butterfly6472
A TripAdvisor Member
Loretto, MN
Reviewed October 31, 2005

Having worked in museums all over the United States for the past 14 years and being on on the road for upwards to 9 months every year, I have had my share of "rented beds". I have stayed in a wide variety of hotels and bed and breakfasts.

Woodstock Inn of Independence, Missouri with innkeepers Todd and Patrica Justice stand out among the very best establishments of which I have been a guest. I have enjoyed the innkeepers and their accomidations many times over the past 7 years. I often work in Independence and have found the Woodstock Inn to be a great value. The fact is I have been known to go out of my way to have the opportunity to stay at the Woodstock Inn. In fact one time after finishing a project in Jackson, Mississippi I stopped for
a room with the Justices on my way home to Minneapolis, Minnesota. This isn't even close to being a direct route but it was well worth the extra "many" miles to spend the evening. Going out of my way hasn't been a one time occurance and each time I've gone out of my way to stay overnight or for the weekend I am pleased with the decision I've made to stop. I guess you could say I'm hooked on staying at their fine establishment and no, I'm not related and have never met tne Justices before my first stay with them. It is a pleasure to support what I feel are truly good people by staying the night or month or even longer. So far my longest stay has been 6 weeks and it was over the Christmas and New Year holidays. What a great place to be over the holidays, if you can't be at your own home.

Besises staying at the Woodstock Inn on numerous work trips over the past 7 years, I have taken my wife to the Inn for special occasions. I've felt through the years I have traveled for my work and all different places which I have visited, this would be the number one choice to take my wife. Like all the other visitors that I've run into at the Woodstock Inn, my wife loved our stay!!

The Innkeepers, Todd and Patrica, are very knowledgable of the area and it's attratactions, which includes some great resturant suggestions. They have always been very friendly and have been available when needed. One of the things that stands out for me is they won't smother you when you want to be left alone. They are very good at being friendly and helpful and yet not intruding on your personal time. This is something I have run into before at bed and breakfasts when you just need to be by yourself. Todd and Patrica are truly "Professionals".

The breakfasts at the Woodstock Inn are top notch, there is plenty of food and a nice variety is offered. This is something I lookforward to each morning. The Inn itself is nothing but beautiful. It's a pleasure to just see all the wonderful antiques from all over the world that they have used to decorate. The whirlpool tubs are so soothing after a long hard days work. This is a great place to get some REST.

Independence and Kansas City are towns that have much to offer for recreation and tourism. The Harry S Truman Presidential Library is a short distance from the Inn along with the Truman Home. The Historic Downtown with the courthouse, some great restaurants, and Clinton's Soda Foutain where Truman had his first job as a soda jerk. A short distance away is Kansas City where you can see the Nelson Atkins Art Museum (this is a fabulous art museum!!) and the Steam Ship Arabia Museum, The Vaile Mansion, and Bigham-Waggoner Estate. The Royals Stadium and Chiefs Stadium are fun to visit for a good ball game.

Resturants in this area are great. Kansas City is known for it's Barbque and I've eaten some very nice meals in this town. Todd and Patrica always have great suggestions for lunch and dinner when I get stuck on where to go.

Having stayed at the Woodstock Inn so much over the years I have had some very nice chats with other guests. These chats are not always when the InnKeepers are present which means people can express their true feelings about the Inn. The concences is always the same, "This is a very classy well run bed and breakfast. Never have I heard an ill word come from any guest. We all have agreed that the Justices operate one of the best Inn's in the country and they have many awards from the community to prove it.

I would strongly suggest staying with Todd and Patrica at the Woodstock Inn if ever given the opportunity. It is a memory you will appreciate for a long time to come.

Terry B.