All reviews bass small lake wine bar walk in shower mexican restaurant kids loved the indoor outdoor pool main event los cabos hobby lobby bunk beds modern lodge nice walking paved walking trail whirlpool tub kansas city every employee nice clean hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2019

Our room was spacious and clean. Our view of the creek was really pretty, and I found out that it's dog-friendly. However, the decor and layout lean toward men, the bathroom is no frills, yet my 6'7" son couldn't stop talking about the sit-down shower. The beds were big and comfortable. For me, the free breakfast was a notch above other hotels. I will stay again and bring the dog. I want one more day to have a complete hotel experience. I bet they get a lot of guys coming in because they are pretty close to all the sports facilities that Kansas has to offer.

Room tip: Ask for a creekside room it's a pretty view!
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Thank cammikey .
JuliaD_StoneyCreek, Regional Operations Coordinator at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear cammikey,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this valuable feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our great location, awesome Northwoods decor and spacious guest rooms. We appreciate your kind comments about our delicious hot/cold breakfast and we are happy to read that our guest rooms were more than accommodating for you 6'7" son! We look forward to the opportunity to host you again next time you're in Kansas City.

Reviewed May 7, 2019

We agree with other reviews commenting on the lovely location, cleanliness of the rooms and the friendly staff. It is a popular location for weddings and has many conference rooms of various sizes. I had one minor problem-- my age and height. I am a senior citizen and 5'2". The top of my legs is 3 inches shorter than the top of the bed. I had to jump every time I wanted to get in and then slide down to get out. I hope they have lower height beds for our next visit. One other item of some concern--the bar has only a menu with prices on their bar food menu. A lady standing next to us asked for hamburger and the bartender told her that there were no tomatoes or lettuce. She asked if there was any ketchup. There is no listing of beverages or their prices. We had to ask what wines were available and then ask how much they cost. Not nice! Other than that loved the place.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
JuliaD_StoneyCreek, Regional Operations Coordinator at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear KansasMary,

We are happy to hear you will definitely be staying with us at Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center again in the future! In regards to our beds, unfortunately all of our beds are the same height, with the exception of the bunk beds in some of our themed suites. We will also follow up with our Conference Manager to ensure that guests have all the proper food and beverage menus available while visiting our bar. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 17, 2019

Stayed two nights at Stoney Creek and was very pleased. The room was very clean and up to date. The location has a great view in the back of a lake and a nice little waterfall. Within walking distance of a delicious Mexican restaurant as well as a Bass Pro Shops and Duluth Trading Co. The staff was very nice as well.

No complaints at all with my stay!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
JuliaD_StoneyCreek, Regional Operations Coordinator at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Dear coreylt91,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests about our amazing location and wonderful staff! Our employees truly enjoy going above and beyond for our guests so we are thrilled you were able to experience that firsthand. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again next time you’re in Kansas City.

Reviewed April 16, 2019

This is a great place to stay. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Will stay here again if I am in the area. The location of the hotel was very easy to find. The room was very nice and clean. Overall I am very satisfied.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
JuliaD_StoneyCreek, Regional Operations Coordinator at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Dear surban63,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests about our clean rooms, convenient location and wonderful staff! We look forward to the opportunity to host you again next time you’re in Kansas City

Reviewed April 15, 2019

This hotel is set in a beautiful setting overlooking a lake and surrounded by nature. It's so beautiful you forget that you are surrounded by three different highways offering easy navigation around Independence and Kansas City. Rooms were spacious with tastefully rustic furnishings. The beds were a little firm for my taste, maybe a mattress topper could be added. Breakfast included hot and cold dishes that rotated during our stay. The dining and lobby overlook the lake offering a tranquil view. The only issue we had is our room was 239 which is off the small balcony walkway on the second floor and attracts noise. If groups are gathered in the lobby and are talking loudly you can hear everything in the rooms around this area. One night it was 11:00 p.m. and a group was very loud. I walked down to the front desk and spoke with the clerk on duty, a taller blonde lady, said she would address them, but walked away and did nothing. I ended up having to ask the group to quiet down myself. Overall, I would recommend Stoney Creek, the facility is nice and the location is good.

Room tip: Ask for something either on third or fourth floor
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
JuliaD_StoneyCreek, Regional Operations Coordinator at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear smithfamlyTX,

Thank you for your kind accolades of our beautiful lakeside location, delicious breakfast, and taste full room decor! Stoney Creek Hotels provides a cozy Northwoods escape for all those traveling on business and pleasure, so we are glad you were able to experience that firsthand. We truly apologize that the noise you could hear from your guest room negatively impacted your experience with us. Upon your next stay, please contact us prior to your arrival so we can try to arrange a higher floor corner room to provide you with quieter accommodations. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future!