“Clean and safe”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Independence
South Carolina
“Clean and safe”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night on our way back from Denver.
It is an easy exit from the interstate and close to restaurants.
The rooms are large and comfortable and clean. Our bathroom needed maintenance. Mold on the wall, peeling paint and wallpaper, cracked grout and a soap dish fell off the wall into the tub during my shower.
It was reported to the desk clerk, I hope they take steps and check the rest of their rooms as well.
Breakfast was typical fare. Their coffee undrinkable. Perhaps I got the rare bad pot?

• Stayed December 2013
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Gypsywych,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry for the poor conditions you found, and for the bad coffee and hope you will accept my apologies. We do have a comprehensive preventative in room maintenance program and will make sure your room is next on the list so the necessary repairs can be made immediately. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust on a future visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Newport, NC
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is a nice, convenient property - very courteous staff, plenty of parking, lots of restaurants nearby. It's a great place to stay while visiting family in town - close to the mall - the room was a great size, the bed comfortable (with lots of pillows) - the A/C & Heat worked really well - it had a great size bathroom - nice towels - all the comforts of home. Some of the housekeeping was a bit spotty - but we know the staff had their hands full all weekend. The breakfast was more than adequate - the coffee good and hot.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear moreauak,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your review. I'm sorry that our housekeeping team didn't do a better job for you and offer my apologies. I will use your review in discussions and training to so this doesn't continue or recur. We value your business and your feedback will help us make improvements to our operation. I hope you will give us another chance to regain your trust on a future visit.

Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I travel frequently for business and leisure to see family. This trip I was with a team of 21 7th and 8th grade boys. They are very disciplined and well behaved but they are teenage boys. Katalina was so nice to us and to our team and made us fell welcome, she even baked us fresh chocolate chip cookies for our drive home. On the amenity side, the pool and work our facility is spotless and the breakfast was tasty, especially the biscuits and gravy! Really everyone was very friendly there. I'd like to mention Eric as well! Love that all rooms have a fridge and a microwave too. Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear storm w,

Thank you very much for sharing your remarks about your stay with us. All our staff members aim to do everything in their power to fulfill our guests’ needs, as our guests are truly the most important factor in our business. Katalina and Eric are terrific and inspire all of us to do our best, with every guest, every day. I'll ensure they are properly acknowledged for being mentioned here by you. We are happy to be of service and appreciate your business. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you again soon.

Independence, Missouri
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very friendly. Room was a good size and very clean. Cleaning crew the next morning was slamming doors at 9am, it was very disturbing. Overall good stay. Good price for a nicely located hotek

• Stayed November 2013
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear ShockMe9,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your nice comments. I'm glad you found us to be a good value and that we met your lodging needs. I hope we can serve you here again and you will let us know how we can earn another star or two from you.

Iowa
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel is surrounded by a variety of restaurants within walking distance. We stayed here one night while visiting family in town. Check in was the smoothest and the fastest I've ever encountered. Our room was very spacious and clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast area was large and roomy, even though there was a big crowd on Sunday morning there were plenty of empty tables. The breakfast was average. It's hard to complain when it's free.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawnee, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our first floor room was so convenient to the large breakfast room, and all of the staff were so friendly and helpful. Parking is also close to the front door and there are lots of good restaurants next door and across the street in this travelers niche just south of the Interstate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I enjoyed a four day stay at this property and strongly recommend it to friends and family.
The service provided by the front desk staff was prompt, professional and courteous. I instantly felt welcomed and this feeling continued throughout my stay. My room was clean and comfortable. Falling asleep and getting a good night rest was wonderful.
The property grounds were well kept. My kids enjoyed relaxing in the pool. The breakfast service was a fantastic start for our daily activities. It was well run and organized. The breakfast staff always made us feel welcomed. It is a pleasure to see someone who takes pride in her work.
I look forward to my next stay at this facility.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear John A,

Thanks for making your very first TA review about your family's recent stay with us. We value all guest feedback and really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and are happy to hear that you'll be staying with us again. We are grateful for your recommendation, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence
Hilton Garden Inn Independence
#6 of 18 in Independence
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
My Place Hotel - Kansas City / Independence, MO

Been to Comfort Suites Independence? Share your experiences!