“Great place to stay! Unbelievably good service!”

Comfort Suites Independence
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed October 12, 2013

First of all when we arrived, the front desk clerk invited us to the managers hospitality reception, held between 5-7pm. We expected maybe some chips and a drink. The hotel manager had grilled hotdogs served with chili and all the "fixings". It was a great little supper. We stay in hotels at least 100 nights a year and have never had a manager make us supper! It was for everyone who stayed that night. The room was large, clean and well appointed. The mattresses were very comfortable. In the morning my husband dropped his entire set of keys in the drainage grate located in the parking lot. The keys were at least 4 feet down. We went to the front desk clerk who searched for a long sturdy wire so we could try to fish them out. But also, in the mean time he had called the maintenance manager. By the time we went outside to try to get our keys, he had pried off the grate with some of his tools and handed our keys to us. We tried to give him some money, but he would not take a dime. Said it was his job to help us out! Now you know why we described this place as "unbelievable".

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Sheila B,

Thank you very much for staying with us and posting your great review and 5 star rating. Its guests like you who make our jobs of providing the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. We are very proud of our people and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Independence

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is as nice a place to stay as I know. Room was spacious with every amenity we needed.
Breakfast is attended to by caring courteous efficient staff. Very friendly staff everywhere!

Pool is too small and shallow. A joke. Okay hottub.

Great computer office setup in lobby.

Everywhere exceptionally clean!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Terry D,

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your great review about your recent stay at our hotel. We're thrilled to learn you were happy with what and how we do things here and look forward to serving you again should the opportunity arise.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stopped at this hotel traveling from Colorado back home to west Virginia. Excellent place to stay. helpful staff, clean rooms COMFY Beds!!!!! best sleep I had in 2 weeks!! Would HIGHLY recommend staying here. Wonderful breakfast next morning. Better than going out! Loved staying here. Wish I would have stayed here on the way to Colorado but, found it on the way back. If you are ever in the area, you could not do any better than staying here! Wonderful place. Also hit the rib crib next door for EXCELLENT food!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Eric L.

Thank you for staying with us and posting your wonderful comments. It is always gratifying to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Room was very clean. The staff on late check in was great. Recommended great restaurant. Morning staff was also great! Breakfast was very good and even though I didn't go down until 15 minutes before the time it was over, I didn't feel rushed. I will stay here again if my travels bring me through Independence again.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear droseman58,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and post your awesome comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad we met your lodging needs and exceeded your service expectations. I hope you will let us serve you here again on future visits.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had a very good experience at this hotel. The front desk and management took a personal interest in making sure we had a good stay at their location. They made sure we had what we needed, and pointed out fun things to do around town.

My friend Mikey was also with and couldn't stop mentioning how excellent the level of service was.

Thank you CSI!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The staff here are simply amazing. Not only were they great in their usual duties but they also went above and beyond when our pet had gone missing in the area. Fortunately our pet was found but it made us reflect on their actions. The whole staff went out of their way expressing legitimate concern and assistance through the search.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed for the weekend at the end of September and had one of the best hotel experiences of my life. The greeting was warm and efficient (thanks Michael), followed by a very very clean room. After settling in to the room and unpacking, I received a call from the front-desk ensuring everything was up to standard. This one and one service was a welcomed surprise.

Now I usually remember everything when I travel, but this time I forget a razor, shaving cream and a toothbrush. This was a problem easily resolved at the Comfort Suites in Independence. They quickly provided me with the tools I needed and I was able to resume my morning routine!

Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Take a dip in the hot tub!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Green-12-traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
Higher Ground Hotel
Higher Ground Hotel
#3 of 18 in Independence

Been to Comfort Suites Independence? Share your experiences!