“Very Satisfied”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Bloomington, Indiana
“Very Satisfied”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I travel frequently and when we stay in a hotel I always try to choose one of the Choice Hotels. I have always been very pleased with my stays. This time was especially good from the time I made the reservation through my stay.

This trip wasn't for vacation but to comfort my sister and attend my brother in law's funeral. The personnel at the hotel were very comforting and they offered us a bereavement rate that I was not expecting. For a large hotel chain to help families in times of grief is not common in today's business world but it is appreciated by those in need.

Again, I can't compliment the staff here enough. Everyone from the person at the check in desk to the young lady who helped us take care of an equipment problem in the breakfast area everyone has gone beyond what you normally find today as customer assistance.

Dick Troxel

Room Tip: The only tip I have for travelers is to always choose a Choice Hotel when possible
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
I am very sorry for your loss, and offer my sincere condolences to you and your family. We want all our guests to have a trouble free and comfortable visit, not just during times like these. Thank you for your loyalty to the Choice brand, and I hope you will let us serve you here again the next time you are in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Washington, DC
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Everything was just fine during our stay. Room was clean, properly services, parking was right by the door, and the breakfast was the usual Comfort Inn breakfast (which is to say mediocre). Our only complaint was that the place is set back a ways from the street, and we missed it the first time we drove by. It needs a sign at the street. Excellent Internet service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time find us, and for writing about your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your loyalty to the the Comfort brand, and hope you will let us serve you here again soon.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived over 4 hours before check-in time, but they were kind enough to let us go ahead and check in. The room and bathroom were very clean. The staff was accommodating and friendly. The breakfast was very good. I have relatives that live close by, so I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm glad we were able to accommodate your early arrival, and that you were happy with your room and the service you received. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Easy to see why this place consistently ranks at the top. Extremely well-managed. Top-notch service consistent with luxury hotels. Front desk manager extremely knowledgeable, professional, equivalent to concierge at world-class hotels. Asst. Manager runs an impressive "ship" here. We travel the world & usually stay at high-end hotels, but was not disappointed at this moderately priced hotel. Discovered it through word-of-mouth, confirmed it on Trip Advisor, then took a chance. Great value for discriminating & "picky" travelers. If you don't like this place for the $$, then you need a much higher price point.

Room Tip: South side, upper floor quiet, pastoral view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review and recommendation! We work hard to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of all our guests, and really appreciate your acknowledgement of jobs well done. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again.
Central PA
Reviewed September 13, 2012

In general, this is a nice property. The room is a nice size, the beds clean and comfortable. However, every rug in the hotel needs to be ripped up and replaced. The stains are awful. Although the shower had good water pressure, a lot of the water came out the tub nozzle which is common in hotels for some reason and very irritating. The workspace in our room was a small round table in the walkway by the minifridge. Not the most ideal spot to set up a laptop.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
I'm sorry you were unhappy with the conditions you found here during your recent visit and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. I will use your experience in discussions and training to improve our operation, and hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in our area.
Rio Vista, California
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed 3 nights and the first night I used a UV Flashlight designed to check for cleanliness, bugs, etc. I turned off all the lights for the UV inspection & I found nothing. Super clean, fresh room and bathroom. Mattress & pillows fresh & nice. Mattress clean underneath.

Staff very nice and courteous. Free Continental Breakfast was very large & good. Repairman told me that the hallway carpets are to be replaced. What's not to like?

Room Tip: 1 side of the hotel faces I-70 which gives a slight amount of noise but not a problem for me.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your long visit and for taking the time to make your very first TA review about your stay with us. I'm glad you we happy with the cleanliness and service here and hope you will stay with us again soon.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My third night on a cross country trip, and my third stay in a Comfort Suite/Inn. Very friendly front desk staff, she immediately offered me the military rate with my asking. Very clean hotel, comfortable rooms, and nice breakfast. The Wi Fi also works great here. The hotel is located within short walking distance to numerous quality restaruants. It is just far enough from the interstate to provide a nice quiet sleep. I found no problems with this hotel, and highly recommend it to anyone traveling along I 70.

Room Tip: Any room should be good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for your loyalty to the Comfort inn/Suites brand, and for your recent stay with us. We've got a great location, whether you are just stopping for the night, or here for a special event or longer visit. I'm glad you were happy with your choice and hope we can serve you here again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence
Hilton Garden Inn Independence
#6 of 18 in Independence
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
My Place Hotel - Kansas City / Independence, MO

Been to Comfort Suites Independence? Share your experiences!