“Very clean!”

Comfort Suites Independence
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived over 4 hours before check-in time, but they were kind enough to let us go ahead and check in. The room and bathroom were very clean. The staff was accommodating and friendly. The breakfast was very good. I have relatives that live close by, so I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm glad we were able to accommodate your early arrival, and that you were happy with your room and the service you received. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Easy to see why this place consistently ranks at the top. Extremely well-managed. Top-notch service consistent with luxury hotels. Front desk manager extremely knowledgeable, professional, equivalent to concierge at world-class hotels. Asst. Manager runs an impressive "ship" here. We travel the world & usually stay at high-end hotels, but was not disappointed at this moderately priced hotel. Discovered it through word-of-mouth, confirmed it on Trip Advisor, then took a chance. Great value for discriminating & "picky" travelers. If you don't like this place for the $$, then you need a much higher price point.

Room Tip: South side, upper floor quiet, pastoral view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and recommendation! We work hard to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of all our guests, and really appreciate your acknowledgement of jobs well done. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

In general, this is a nice property. The room is a nice size, the beds clean and comfortable. However, every rug in the hotel needs to be ripped up and replaced. The stains are awful. Although the shower had good water pressure, a lot of the water came out the tub nozzle which is common in hotels for some reason and very irritating. The workspace in our room was a small round table in the walkway by the minifridge. Not the most ideal spot to set up a laptop.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

I'm sorry you were unhappy with the conditions you found here during your recent visit and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. I will use your experience in discussions and training to improve our operation, and hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed 3 nights and the first night I used a UV Flashlight designed to check for cleanliness, bugs, etc. I turned off all the lights for the UV inspection & I found nothing. Super clean, fresh room and bathroom. Mattress & pillows fresh & nice. Mattress clean underneath.

Staff very nice and courteous. Free Continental Breakfast was very large & good. Repairman told me that the hallway carpets are to be replaced. What's not to like?

Room Tip: 1 side of the hotel faces I-70 which gives a slight amount of noise but not a problem for me.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your long visit and for taking the time to make your very first TA review about your stay with us. I'm glad you we happy with the cleanliness and service here and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My third night on a cross country trip, and my third stay in a Comfort Suite/Inn. Very friendly front desk staff, she immediately offered me the military rate with my asking. Very clean hotel, comfortable rooms, and nice breakfast. The Wi Fi also works great here. The hotel is located within short walking distance to numerous quality restaruants. It is just far enough from the interstate to provide a nice quiet sleep. I found no problems with this hotel, and highly recommend it to anyone traveling along I 70.

Room Tip: Any room should be good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thanks for your loyalty to the Comfort inn/Suites brand, and for your recent stay with us. We've got a great location, whether you are just stopping for the night, or here for a special event or longer visit. I'm glad you were happy with your choice and hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here one night on a cross country trip. Really clean and comfortable room. The staff was pleasant and breakfast was very good with a couple of hot options plus the standards. The room was big and the workout room was one of the better ones we had seen. A good place to stop.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ColletaM
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and 5 star rating of our hotel. I'm glad you were able to relax and get a bit of exercise while you were here - especially after sitting in a car for long hours and may days in a row. I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable and that you will visit us again the next time you are back this way.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend with friends based on a good reputation from our previous stays each of the last 2 years. We love the location as we like to plan a stay in the area each summer for a ball game and Worlds of Fun. Sadly, this facility has slipped on many areas and we now will look at a different hotel in the future. The cleanliness issues alone is enough to make you want to stay away. The hall-ways, the guest rooms, the lobby areas - all full of dirt and dust. Bugs in our room, hairs in the bed. Our friends p-tac broke during the stay and there was nothing they could do that day to help them out. Some serious updates including TV's and mattresses are needed. Eventually these items will catch up and hurt business. Honestly, I hope this review lights a fire under their managment so they get the facility back up to par as we are hoping to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you for your return visits, and for sharing you concerns about our hotel. I'm sorry you experienced conditions that were not up to our usual standards, and offer my sincere apologies. I will use you review in discussions and training to improve our operation, so future guests will not encounter the same conditions. We have an entensive remodeling planned; the TVs and mattresses arrived this week, and I hope you will give us another chance to regain your trust the next time you are in town, and that you will be pleased with the improvements we make.