“Great BBQ with a little Quirk” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Little BBQ Joint

A Little BBQ Joint
Ranked #1 of 249 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Barbecue, American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great BBQ with a little Quirk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

So glad I visited this unique restaurant. Independence was lacking in local BBQ, but not anymore! The KC area has some great, popular, and well-known BBQ choices and I'd love to see this place added to the list. Inside and out, this building has its own super cool style. I love places with odd decor - they've got bench car seats for booths, the bar is made out of an old car, and there is tons of neat stuff on the walls. Good music too! The service is fast and friendly, almost too fast (can that happen?) They had live music when I went one evening, I don't know how often that happens but the place was PACKED and I still got great service. The food is top notch, I'd definitely try the bacon chips at least once. Went for lunch once on a not so busy day and my boyfriend said his sandwich was a little chewy..but everything I've had has been fresh and delicious.

Give this place a try and see if you don't find your new favorite little BBQ joint!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Beccah B

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Melt in your mouth bbq!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is hands down the best bbq I have ever had! Not only was the meat excellent, but the sides were too. The Carolina pulled pork was melt in your mouth and there was no need to add bbq sauce. However if you do like a little sauce, you can't go wrong with their offerings. My favorite was the angry housewife. A little bit of sweet & spicy mixed together. The bacon chips were phenomenal. Thick sliced smoked bacon cooked in a maple syrup & bbq concoction. Oh & did I mention the ribs? I don't like ribs, but one bite of these & there was no holding back. They were fantastic! The potato salad, beans & coleslaw were excellent as well. The coleslaw itself is in a class all it's own. I don't know how the make it different, but it was the best & I loved the fact it had some kick to it. I will gladly drive the 3 hours again to the place for some true mouth watering bbq. Not to mention the service is good, the prices decent for the portions you get & the decor of classic cars interesting. If you are looking for some honest to goodness great tasting bbq, then you can't go wrong here!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Karriann79
Kansas City, Missouri
“A pleasant surprise, great BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This place may look like an old brick building on the outside, but don't drive on by. Go on inside for some great BBQ! First I'll talk about the food. Everyone in my group got something different and everything was good!!! Burnt ends, pulled pork, brisket sandwich's. Everything was well seasoned and had that great smoke flavor you look for in BBQ. All the sides were delicious too. Especially the beans which were almost as good as the best beans in town...everyone in KC knows what I am talking about. As if the food wasn't enough the decor and feeling of the place are very unique. Several of the counters and the bar are made out of old cars and hot rods. That's just the beginning. You'll have to check out the rest for yourself. You won't be disappointed!

Visited July 2014
Independence, MO
“Our new favorite BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

My family stopped in after church today, in the mood for BBQ. Another family at church had recommended this place to us months ago, but we just got around to trying it out. We were impressed by the decor (flames, car parts, flashlight lighting fixtures) and thought the place had a really funky vibe to it. Our server was very polite and dropped off the menu and our drinks promptly. The 1 page menu was a welcome sight, not complicated or fancy, as BBQ should be. We ordered our sandwiches and shortly thereafter our food was brought out to us. The portions are HUGE. The sandwiches have a TON of meat on them, and the sides are very large. The meats were moist and could easily be eaten without sauce. However, the sauce is worth trying. The baked beans were sweet, the fries are battered and crispy, and we were all very pleased and stuffed by the time we were done. The prices are comparable with other BBQ places, but I think its the portions that truly set them apart. Well worth the price, and the tastes are amazing.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank prowler7
Independence, Missouri
“Great BBQ! Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

A friend had recommended this place, and we're so glad we checked it out! Gates who? Arthur Bryant who? Best damn BBQ in Independence for sure! So much fun stuff inside, the walls are covered in decor, and the bench seats for the booths are bench seats from a truck and so comfy! My Dad was in town visiting and we ate there the second night he was in town, and returned 5 days later before he left because he insisted on eating there again! My Dad is a BBQ fanatic and he really loved this place. The ribs, burnt ends, slaw, cheesy corn, beans, and fries were all fabulous! Great food! Great Service! We will definitely be returning for many more visits!!!

• Visited May 2014