“Nice!”

Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-70 & Little Blue Parkway
Description: Hereford House is one of Kansas City's legendary steakhouses. Great food, casual atmosphere, superior service and reasonable prices. Voted Kansas City's Favorite Steakhouse!
“Nice!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

The food was great, a little pricey though. I ate here my first night in town. This restaurant is connected to my hotel, the Hilton Gardens. The calamari was well cooked and without a bunch of tentacles.

Visited May 2014

Independence, Missouri
“One of the very best in the U.S.....”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food and service here is unfailingly superb. Especially good is the prime rib coupled with a nice wine selection. Truly one of the best steak experiences in the Midwest, Kansas City and the U.S.

• Visited April 2014
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Nice evening at the Hereford House”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had a family birthday dinner in a private room. The steaks were good, but the side dishes were cold.

• Visited February 2014
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Unacceptable Service”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have eaten previously at this location, and have never had any problems. However, this past Sunday we took a group of 6 adults and 3 children, and did not have a good experience. We had called earlier in the week to reserve a room in the back, so they knew we were coming. After being seated, it was 30 minutes before our orders were taken. After waiting another 25 minutes without any salads, I spoke to a server and questioned as to why it was taking so long. He indicated that our server was working on our salads at that time, which we received a few minutes later. After 25 more minutes we received our meal: total time from being seated to having our meal was a total of 1 hour and 20 minutes. Had we known it would have taken this long, we would have eaten somewhere else. For what our bill was (greater than $150.00) I expect better service. I did not speak with a manager while we were there, as I did not want to negatively impact the time with our family any more than it had been already. Will I go back? No.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dalen1970
HerefordHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Hereford House, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
We are so sorry to read about your experience, that's not what we want for our customers....we never want our customers to leave with less than great service and great food. Please don't hesitate to ask for a manager at the first sign of any problem, that's why they are there. They truly want the best experience for you and your party - and can facilitate a more timely meal, plus take extra measures to make your meal a special one. Our apologies, we wish we could have done more.
“Get the apple turnover!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

The only reason why I didn't give them 5 stars was because the ribeye was lacking in flavor. Everything else about my visit was fantastic. The staff was very warm, personal, and attentive. The mashed potatoes were great and the apple turnovers are amazing. I would go back just to have another.