“Excellet food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hereford House

Hereford House
Ranked #6 of 249 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-70 & Little Blue Parkway
Description: Hereford House is one of Kansas City's legendary steakhouses. Great food, casual atmosphere, superior service and reasonable prices. Voted Kansas City's Favorite Steakhouse!
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Excellet food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The staff was very friendly and attentive. The steaks were wonderful, tender and flavorful. Excellent food. If you want a good meal, I certainly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sherri M

“Just as wonderful as before!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I have wrote a review about the Hereford House before, but wanted to say again how wonderful the food and service was! We had a party of 6 and had Sean as our waiter. He was very attentive and got everything right. He was so nice and personable too. I'm surprised at all the bad food reviews as this is our 6th time coming here (from STL!!) and the food is always amazing. I get the KC strip and its the best steak I've ever had - no A1 sauce needed!! We also had the chicken wing appetizer, salads, and bread pudding for dessert. All of that was up to par as well. We will continue to drive 3.5 hours to come here!!!!

Providence, Rhode Island
“Won't be Back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I really thought we were in for a treat when we decided to eat at the Hereford House, I was wrong. The atmosphere was nice and our waiter was excellent. The food isn't something I would want to eat again. I asked that my filet be cooked medium well and when it came to the table it was definitely rare. I sent it back and when it came out the outside was now charred and the inside was still pink and bloody? I don't know how they accomplished that. I also paid extra for a demi gaze on the side to try on my steak, that was horrible! It looked like it had been sitting in the dish from the previous day because it had a rubbery film on the top. The only thing I will rave about is the shrimp cocktail, it was excellent. Even the dessert wasn't that tasty. Sorry to say that I was not a fan of this eatery.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
HerefordHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Hereford House, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write, especially given your experience. That certainly wasn't the meal we wanted you to have! Please ask for a manager when you have an issue like this....we would have welcomed the chance to bring you a different meal or certainly adjust your bill. We take your feedback seriously and your comments have been shared with the managers and chefs. If you visit KC again, please contact me, we would like the chance to treat you to the great food that Hereford House is known for.
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Felt I just had been pick pocketed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

After leaving the Hereford House recently, I felt that I had just been picked pocketed. The food & service was so-so, but my wallet was alot lighter. Waiter was rather cocky as my business associate ordered a drink only to be told it was really called something else as he was once a bartender. Then when he served our steaks, he claimed someone labeled them wrong to he switched them around. Only later in our meal did we decided that we sere serve the wrong streaks as mine was over cooked & his was under cooked. We flet it was too late to get new steaks. Both of us ordered the 5 grilled shimp for $9. Both of us were shocked how tiny the shimp were. I had better surf & turf meals @ Red Lobster. Salad & roll was nothing to write home about, I will go elsewhere the next time I'm in town.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Great steaks, slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hereford House is a phenomenal restaurant for beef/steak lovers, but their service will leave you tired of waiting. If you can stand the slow service and general lack of attention from many servers there, then you will be very happy with the prime rib or steak. The steak soup is also very good.