“Best Sirloin and Calamari” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hereford House

Hereford House
Ranked #6 of 249 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-70 & Little Blue Parkway
Description: Hereford House is one of Kansas City's legendary steakhouses. Great food, casual atmosphere, superior service and reasonable prices. Voted Kansas City's Favorite Steakhouse!
Thomasviile, NC
“Best Sirloin and Calamari”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Loved the sirloin - freshly cut daily. The calamari was fresh and incredible. Used room service and everything was super hot and super good.

Visited July 2013
HerefordHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Hereford House, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, I will forward this to the chefs and managers...it will make their day!

Ozark, Missouri
“Great expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Read some good reviews about this place. I was so disappointed in my meal. I wanted the lunch special, so I had to move into the bar area in order to have the special. My steak had a lot of gristle in it. A waste of time and money.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write, we appreciate the feedback. In fact, we had a couple complaints about the specially priced strip on the bar menu. Because of this feedback, our corporate chef has changed how we cut that steak to help with the gristle you experienced. Let me know when you are in again, we welcome the chance to show you.
Germantown, Tennessee
“Maybe an off night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We ate here June 27th while staying in Independence for the night. After the reviews on TA I was really looking forward to a great dinner. We didn't make a reservation but at 7:30 on this evening, it wasn't a problem. The restaurant seemed to be about 70% full. We were seated immediately.

We weren't told about any specials but heard another table being given the run down after we ordered. My choice was the filet while my husband had the pork chops. Salads arrived quickly; I was very happy with the shallot vinaigrette - delicious. We were each also served one roll.

When our entrees arrived, my husband's order came with the glaze. He has asked for them dry and was told it wasn't a problem. Oops; entrees came back again in about 4-5 minutes. Husband's pork chops were very juicy and cooked perfectly. His side of seasonal veggies were also very good. My filet, while cooked to a perfect medium, had no flavor. It was if it was cooked with no seasoning. The char was about the only real taste to the meat. My side of cheddar ranch potatoes was okay but I wouldn't order it again. We didn't order dessert.

Service was fine; about what I would expect but nothing out of the ordinary. Kind of like my meal. If we are in the area again, I would visit other restaurants first as the Hereford House was just average and I'd prefer to try to find something better. It was just disappointing...

Golden, Colorado
“Great Steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Attached to the Hilton Garden Inn in Independence, MO this is a great steakhouse in Kansas City. I would come back again. Staff was very helpful.

Visited June 2013
Pitman, United States
“Hereford House Hit the Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Probably known better for steaks, I actually opted for salmon during my stop at the Hereford House in Independence, MO. My palate was calling for something light that evening. Starting with a nice Malbec (white wine is no longer the exclusive to fish), I ordered what turned out to be a very fresh, crisp Caesar salad. The dressing was not overpowering. And while I like anchovies on my Caesar, this dressing still had a full enough flavor to satisfy.

The salmon was served on a bed of perfectly cooked rice and lightly seasoned--just salty enough to give taste without needing to follow up my dinner with a gallons of water. Though the salmon was on the slightly over-done side, it was still very good none-the-less. The mashed sweet potato was very good as well--not overdone or undercooked. No dessert that night.

Service was outstanding and not overbearing. I will visit the. Hereford House again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles