“Very Bad”

Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-70 & Little Blue Parkway
Description: Hereford House is one of Kansas City's legendary steakhouses. Great food, casual atmosphere, superior service and reasonable prices. Voted Kansas City's Favorite Steakhouse!
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The restaurant was noisy and dirty. At our table we had a cockroach crawl across the top and then another one crawl up my husband's chair in the booth where we were seated.
The food was overpriced--I had a chicken dish that was undercooked and my husband's steak was luke warm.
If you wish to dine at Hereford House choose the one in Leawood,KS. not the Independence one!

2  Thank Jana S

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Bought a $40 ribeye. Tough as nails
Stuffed mushrooms were burnt
friendly staff
great drinks but food was bad for $134

1  Thank mousitch1
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Hereford house has been around for a long time and is a local favorite. Known for their steaks. They often have a before 5:00 menu as well which is a good bargain.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is the best steak restaurant I've ever been too. I go here every year on my birthday and it is always amazing - with amazing service. Hard to get the both of those in once place! A little pricey but totally worth it. I would eat here every day if I could! Great menu items and great drinks as well!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Upon arrival in Kansas City Missouri my sister and her boyfriend decided I was in dire need for a good lunch. As I had eaten at the Hereford House Restaurant, located at the Hilton Hotel in Independence Missouri while on a previous visit to this area, I really enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere the restaurant provided.
This time around I noted the menu has changed considerably and there are some really nice items to choose from, including steaks of different varieties and weight, fish and pork dishes, all are reasonably priced and the service is good, but remember, this is America where large tips are expected when you pay your bill (unfortunately, a locals favourite. Meat Loaf, is no longer on the menu, but the Prime Rib Roast Beef is a favourite)
Reservations are accepted for lunch and dinner, there is a nice list of domestic and international wines to complement your meal. There is no outdoor seating. I would highly recommend Hereford House, Independence, Missouri.