LongHorn Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Le Roy, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We have eaten at Longhorn many times and have always gotten a fantastic meal for the value. Our family group of six ate there during a family trip and it was wonderful. Our waiter was excellent, eager to please and a total hoot. They had a new corn on the cob dish that was excellent and the manager checked in with us to get our opinion. We had four Flo's Filets in our group and they compared very favorably to another steak chain that serves a la carte. We had two chopped steaks that were some of the best we had ever had. The appetizers were great and the desserts wonderful. It was an excellent meal, in a great restaurant and I highly recommend it to any steak lover or not. Two of our group WERE vegetarians.

Visited May 2013

Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
“Great steaks at a good price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I took the family here to celebrate Mother's Day. We have been here on many other occasions. We went for dinner, around 5:30, and it was packed. Lucky we didn't have to wait that long, about 3 minutes, I was surprised we got in so fast because other parties were waiting. We got seated, and ordered a Texas tonion, which we usually order, but I was surprised it was so good this time. We have ordered it many times before, and it's usually just okay. We ended up eating it all by the time we left. The salads were okay. I never expect much from a salad that comes with the entree. For our entrees we both ordered the Flo's filet. Both steaks were great, and cooked to perfection. My potato was good, and my wife loved her sweet potato. The kids got mac and cheese, and they are always happy with it.

My only complaint was that before our entrees came we asked a couple of servers for a booster seat, and it never came. I looked for a booster seat by the high chairs, and couldn't find one.

The service was really good. Our serve was quick to refill our drinks, and came by frequently to see if everything was good. I was surprised the serve was good because of how busy it was.

Every time we go to this Longhorns we are always happy. I always say to my wife that this steak is better than any local steakhouse, and why do we both going to those other places. It's almost half the price too.

• Visited May 2013
Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
“Slowing Service, Portions, Quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Food was too cool and I think if I weighed the meat it was half the size of ordered. Really enjoyed it when it first opened, please don't die out and fix some of the issues. Miss the old you.

Visited June 2012
Independence, Missouri
“Salad at a Steakhouse?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I always enjoy the salad with grilled chicken, the warm bread and great service. I just wish they would fill my water glass as much as they refill tea or soda pop.

Visited October 2012
Independence
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had visited the Longhorn Steakhouse in Leawood with a friend and we were both extremely impressed with the food and the service. So we went to the one in Independence and were both amazed with what we had to eat. The service was great, and the employees were very polite. There was so much food I couldn't eat it all, so I brought some home. Even the salad was extremely delicious the next day. The manager was so genuinely nice as he came to check how our meal was. We will look up this Longhorn Steakhouse the next time we are in the area.

Visited August 2012