“Awful”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

June 7 2014 Ordered for two adults and 3 children. I've never written a review because this is how awful it was. I ordered beef briskets, beans,french fries and toast. My wife ordered a chicken sandwich. I took a couple bites of my brisket slices and they were cold not to mention very bland. No taste whatsoever and the deeper I went through I noticed water underneath the pieces of meat. It was obvious they had boiled the meat and then put sauce on the top. The toast was just a slice of soft bread. My wife's chicken sandwich was not fully cooked and tasted very bland. After two more bites we decided to tell the manager and we left. After googling the reviews, I wish I would have done so first. I was a little embarrassed for leaving but it was the worst meal I've ever ordered. We went across the street to Applebees. Do yourself a favor and Google the restaurant and read the reviews there.

3  Thank Jason S

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We arrived about 7 p.m. on a Wednesday night. Restaurant wasn't extremely busy, we were seated promptly. However, we waited a long time to be greated by a server who came to take our drink order. She said that she was helping our server out and he would be right with us. Waited another 10 minutes, then another lady showed up asking for our drink order. Still no drinks (or water) on our table, but we went ahead and ordered our food. Then the guy finally showed up that was supposed to be our server - now 15 minutes at the table with no drinks or food. He apologized, said there was confusion. Duh! Finally after about 20 minutes he brought our drinks and said our food would be right out. Another 10 minutes, food was finally delivered. At least it was hot and quite tasty. He brought our check before even asking if we wanted dessert. We asked to see the dessert tray since it was my husband's birthday. Should have passed on dessert, it wasn't that good. We had to ask the waiter to bring us a new check with the desserts added. Good food (except dessert), bad service.

1  Thank ShirleyO700
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I had the burnt ends(beef and pork) beans and veggies with tea for lunch. The server had perfect timing, the beef portion of the ends were excellent, pork good, veggies were pretty good, and the tea was excellent.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Some members of our party questioned the 'burnt tips' as they weren't the same as they've had elsewhere. Our server was great, kept our drinks topped of and was very friendly.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our latest visit was for lunch. The decor inside is dark wood and Tiffany-style lamps. I had the Super Crispy which is a tender chopped burnt end sandwich on a toasted French roll with French fries and their fantastic Hickory Pit Beans. Everything is very tasty including their sauces. They also have several options you can choose from to have shipped.

1  Thank Missouritrekker