“Among the best”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Smokehouse Barbecue came on the recommendation of a local. It doesn't come up if you Google K.C. Barbecue but it should. Great service, great food, and fast, but hot also. We had a salad with a homemade ranch dressing that was the best ever. We each had a selection on our dinners, with ribs, sausage, pulled pork and chicken among them. All excellent, and with just the right amount of sauce. The slaw that came with it was perfect. Mayonaiise based with a hint of vinegar. There was not one thing wrong with this barbecue. I might drive 4 hours back just to eat there again.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We've been going there for years and it's always good. Great food, great coffee, great fries. Love going there in the winter and being seated near the fireplace! Just a nice bbq restaurant for a family meal. Decent prices, too, for these days. We like it.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Okay - so for my first taste of KC BBQ - it was good. I had the mixed plate with beef and pork. The sauce was delicious - but to be honest - it is over priced. You can get much better quality at a more reasonable price at other local restaurants.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The smell will have your mouth watering the second you open the door! BBQ is very good, but I could have had a enormous bowl of their beans and been just as happy. Oh. My. Word.n they are the best I've ever had! I did think it was a bit pricey, however.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Grandson and I stopped in for a early dinner. The place was clean and the aroma was great! Our server was attentive but not pushy. The food was great. Burnt end sandwich with all the trimmings! We will be back.