“Best BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I love the burnt ends and brisket!! Their sauce is sweet and tangy full of flavor. I get a side of the hot BBQ sauce I like the little bit it has.
I went with 2 friends and we split a combo platter with fries, coleslaw and we ordered beans and a salad and we still took home extra meat and beans. One of my favorites is the corn nugget appetizer we can't go to Smokehouse with out getting the corn nuggets. They are fabulous with the ranch dressing. Top in my places to eat in KC

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Overpriced food and merely adequate service. Should you experience a problem during your visit you may be disappointed if you hope to get satisfaction from management.

1  Thank BeckSusie
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I love the taste of the sauce and the meat is good quality. Atmosphere is very pleasant and the service is great. My favorite BBQ in KC so far. The pork burnt ends are my favorite. The sliced brisket is by second choice, but don't miss the corn nuggets with the ranch dressing. They are the best!!!

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I grew up going to Smokehouse from time to time when they had one location. They have always had the best BBQ beans and consistently good meats. While I have other favorites in town, Smokehouse is still a great option and one we enjoy returning to.

My wife and I visited most recently on a Friday night and had a great meal. The meats and sides were prepared nicely and we had no complaints. The food came out promptly, our waitress was decent, and the ambiance was OK (more on that in a moment).

I have always felt the prices here are reasonable and have rarely, if ever, been disappointed with an experience. I would certainly recommend it to others who enjoy good barbeque.

The one thing that did strike us as odd was some comments made to a couple of older ladies who sat down across from us. They arrived and were waiting on two or three others to join them. The waitress was talking with them about having space for those they were awaiting and she started to get a bit rude. She said they had to be done with their meal and out of the room (this was a side dining room) by 7:00 because a large party was coming. We were not involved in the conversation but felt like the waitress handled it poorly. If they needed the dining area cleared out by a certain time they should stop seating patrons there well in advance to assure it is ready, not try to hurry them through their meal.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

My favorite is the corn nuggets and of course the ranch dressing could not be missed. Burnt ends and brisket is what I order everytime I go. I have not found barbque I enjoy more than Smokehouse. Keep up the good work.