“Charming trip to Italy!”

V's Italiano Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
V's Italiano Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 254 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sterling
Description: Long known as Kansas City's premier Italian restaurant, this family owned and operated establishment has been an important part of the city's dining experience Since 1963. For over 45 years, V's formula for pleasing its guests is simply combining uncompromised service in a beautiful, relaxed environment. Offering a wide variety of authentic Italian specialties and pastas, as well as a complete menu featuring mouthwatering steaks and Prime Rib, succulent seafood such as our Blackened Atlantic Salmon, and fresh poultry as in our Chicken Spiedini, all at moderate prices. Be it a romantic dinner for two, elegant dinner party, birthday or anniversary celebration; you'll understand why V's Italiano has become known as "a nice place to fall in love." In addition, V's also features the "Best Sunday Brunch in Town", an award winning menu & wine list as well as beautiful patio dining complete with a relaxing, arbor covered waterfall. V's Italiano is the areas "must see" Italian restaurant.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were part of a tour and this was a scheduled lunch stop. What a beautiful place. Would make a great date place. Service and food was excellent. I even took a quart of sauce home it was so good. Told hubby we need to come back for a meal and we live 3 hours away, and he said good idea. Next time in KC area we will dine here!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Thes people Gregg and Mary do such a great job running this restaurant from waiting on tables tending the bar or what ever needs to be done to help their employees and customers. The food is top notch. Someone told me to order a steak and I told them I went there for Italian food. Well weeks later I decided to have a steak and you know what it was top notch.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went here with family, we were attending a Royal's game and Worlds of Fun, happened onto this wonderful place. Would make it a point to return for the great food & bread! Dessert comes with, 2 twelve year olds thought they had gone to heaven !!!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I went to V's two weeks ago while spending time with family in Independence. My aunt and I had the 1963 50th anniversary special, while my uncle had the prime rib. Salad was nice but unremarkable. Breads were good. The pastas were quite good, but we all agreed that the toasted ravioli appetizer was the high point of the meal

My uncle loved the prime rib.

The staff was exceptionally fun and friendly. I would go back on any excuse.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The food is classic Italian food and it is good, maybe you could call it really good, just not excellent. I love the atmosphere, and it is romantic. Much better than an olive garden, and your bill will reflect it.