“Sunday brunch was constantly attended by staff and very tasty”

V's Italiano Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
V's Italiano Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 256 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sterling
Description: Long known as Kansas City's premier Italian restaurant, this family owned and operated establishment has been an important part of the city's dining experience Since 1963. For over 45 years, V's formula for pleasing its guests is simply combining uncompromised service in a beautiful, relaxed environment. Offering a wide variety of authentic Italian specialties and pastas, as well as a complete menu featuring mouthwatering steaks and Prime Rib, succulent seafood such as our Blackened Atlantic Salmon, and fresh poultry as in our Chicken Spiedini, all at moderate prices. Be it a romantic dinner for two, elegant dinner party, birthday or anniversary celebration; you'll understand why V's Italiano has become known as "a nice place to fall in love." In addition, V's also features the "Best Sunday Brunch in Town", an award winning menu & wine list as well as beautiful patio dining complete with a relaxing, arbor covered waterfall. V's Italiano is the areas "must see" Italian restaurant.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had never been to V's for the Sunday brunch and thought I'd try it. The best item for my taste was the roast baron of beef. Very tasty and tender. I also tried the stuffed pasta shells which were also good. The eggs benedict was good. We arrived just a few minutes before brunch was over but we didn't feel rushed.
I also ordered their salad with house dressing which is terrific. The service bears mentioning because the staff was attentive and cared about customer service. Some brunch buffets are looked at as sel-served and an errant view that staffing is not important. Not at V's. Someone is always their to oversee and assist. The price for the brunch was less than $20 & incl juice or champagne. I love V's for special occassions and they'll see me more often as they now have a 10 entrees for $10. Check out the details on that deal on the website. This establishment has a well deserved superb reputation for serving their patrons the best.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

The food was okay but nothing stood out about the experience or the cuisine. We had a business lunch there and the room was so dark I thought maybe it was evening.

Have not gone back since. You can receive a better deal and better flavors at other Italian restaraurants in town.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

It was My Wife's Birthday and she sugested going ther because the food is great the service is great and the make you feel like family. We allmost had our wedding reception there six years ago. Would be back soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We eat at V’s regularly and have for years, so it’s about time I wrote a review. We’ve been eating at V’s since we moved to the Kansas City area from the Chicago area in 1973. We grew up with great Italian restaurants in our area and searched for similar ones in Kansas City. Fortunately, we found V’s Italiano!
V’s is a family owned and operated restaurant and the atmosphere and service reflect that. You’re treated like family there and the restaurant has a warm casual feel in the décor. The menu is extensive so it might pay to check it out on line in advance unless you want to spend time drooling over the possible selections while you ponder which one(s) to order. I’ve probably had everything on the menu over the years and can truly say that I’ve never had a bad meal or a dish that I didn’t enjoy. For appetizers, I have a hard time staying away from the escargot served swimming in garlic butter and baked covered with a puff pastry. (I never said it was “low-cal.”) The house salad comes with a sweet Italian dressing to which I add blue cheese crumbles and is included with nearly every meal. I’m not sure I could pick a favorite entrée’, but I do like the seafood cannelloni, the linguine with clams, and the angel hair pasta with either the Italian sausage or the seafood. If you can’t decide, try the filet & pasta combo! The house special rum cake dessert is also included with nearly every entrée’. If you want a special treat, try their Sunday Brunch! You’ll find everything from eggs Benedict to carved roast baron of beef to cooked to order pasta dishes. Oh, yeah, champagne, orange juice, and mimosas are included with Brunch!
They have a full bar and serve a great martini (add the blue cheese stuffed olives for a little extra zing). Drinks are reasonably priced and if you like, you can wait for your table in the bar or even eat there if you chose.
They have private dining rooms of several sizes and when we’ve used them, the services and food has been excellent.
Al in all, I’d recommend V’s to anyone that enjoys good authentic Italian dishes and great friendly service. You’ll find me there often!

Reviewed April 23, 2011

My wife and I returned to V's for lunch after visiting with family some time ago. The facility is neat and we enjoyed the ambiance. The service was above average and everyone was friendly. Unfortunately, the food was just OK. The signature sauce is very good but it just did not make up for lackluster overall quality and sub par presentation. I remember visiting years ago and really enjoying V's. As I noted, we have not been in for a period so maybe we had an isolated poor experience.