“Awesome Place!”
Review of Silver Heart Inn

Silver Heart Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Independence B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Silver Heart Inn, Bed and Breakfast, is a wonderful place to stay. The neighborhood is very nice and just a short walk to downtown. They are only 20 minutes from downtown KC and 10 minutes to Kauffman and Arrowhead stadiums.
The breakfast was beyond wonderful each morning and there are a lot of hole-in-wall places to eat in Independence, MO.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Silverheartinn, Owner at Silver Heart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2014

All those hole in the wall places are some of our favorite places to eat, and send our guests to when they ask for fantastic recommendations! Many are located within a nice little walk from our front door, on the historic Independence "Square". Our family often takes our evening walk there just for a bite to eat or fun activities that are offered there. Our easy access to both attractions, and sporting events is definitely what folks like about our location. Come stay with us the next time you come to take in a Royals or Chiefs game.

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We were on an extended trip out west and stopped in Independence for the historical attractions. We found Silver Heart Inn on TripAdvisor and we were thrilled with our experience there. The first night we stayed in the Margery Stone Room. It was so elegant! The bed was very comfortable. Melanie has snacks in the rooms for late night hunger attacks and right outside the door was a Keurig coffee maker. My husband was able to have his favorite Chai Tea.The next morning we ate a delicious gourmet breakfast that Melanie prepared. Her sweet 10 year old daughter Lindsey assisted in serving us and we truly enjoyed that!! After a full day of sightseeing in Independence, we decided we needed to stay another night. I called Melanie and asked if we could come back - and I requested the Beach Cottage since I knew it had a washer and dryer. Melanie obliged and we were able to do our laundry. The Beach Cottage is literally that - a cottage. It has a living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and laundry room. We loved it!!! The next morning after our second gourmet breakfast we headed west again. Refreshed and stocked with clean clothes!! We highly recommend Silver Heart Inn!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stayed at the Silver Heart Inn for two nights last week. Melanie (our hostess) was very helpful with dinner recommendations, and the stay was both relaxing and informative. Independence has just enough historical sights to fill a couple of days, and it was a very short trip into Kansas City for additional museums, etc. If you are coming to see the Harry S Truman sights (highly recommended), you can't find a better place to stay than right here. Very easy to find and just a few short blocks from Independence square. Only possible downside is that there were no king beds available, but we fit just fine in a queen! Very soft and comfy robes provided.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I am doing a bike and train trip around the US and the stop here was a little treat after camping for 4 nights. The room was excellent, the breakfast was delicious but it was the personal service that makes me rave about this place. I was experiencing phone issues and Melanie, the Innkeeper, drove me to the store and then was kind enough to drop me at a book store! Now that is service. I would definitely recommend them to anyone going to Independence or Kansaa City.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 12, 2014

work in progress with details aplenty from your hostess, Melanie Johnson. After less than two years in business they are quickly establishing their reputation for careful attention to the needs of their customers. We loved their advice on additions to our itinerary and the breakfasts were delicious. As we launched the Eastern half of the Oregon Trail, the Silver Heart got us off to a great start with Harry S Truman thrown in for an extra measure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We went back to Silver Heart over an extended holiday weekend for some much needed rest and relaxation. Once again, the cottage was a great choice for us - very comfortable bed, cozy decorations, yummy snacks and the wonderful kitchen amenities.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I recently had the absolute pleasure of having my wedding ceremony and reception at the Silver Heart Inn. From the beginning stages of planning, to the day of saying our I do's, Melanie and company at the Inn were a dream come true. I don't think many brides get to say that not one thing went wrong at their wedding, but I am able to! Melanie was a such a blessing when it came to the wedding planning because she took some of my biggest worries away immediately. She hooked us up with an excellent photographer, caterer, and cake maker all in the first appointment. I immediately felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders and could use more of my time to make sure that the little details could be attended to. As far as decorating went, the house already has such a romantic and intimate ambience that we were able to achieve a lot with very little. Which, given our budget, was a score in the plus column. Speaking of budgets, the package prices Melanie has put together for weddings plus the rental of all of the rooms for the night was phenomenal. We were able to allow parents and grandparents to stay at the inn for evening, giving them a special treat, and we were in the cottage behind the house, giving us the perfect "getaway" after an extremely hectic and exhausting day. I could really just keep typing about how wonderful everything was about Silver Heart Inn, but I think you get my drift. We will absolutely be back to celebrate our 1 year anniversary!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Silverheartinn, Manager at Silver Heart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

No stone unturned, no detail to small to keep your wedding day perfect for all! I wish that we could take all the credit but it's our hand chosen bridal team that brings many talents together with you in mind that made it happen. Our focus on making this easy for you, unstressful for you, and blissful for you as you walked to your groom is what we are all about. Thanks most humbly for choosing Silver Heart Inn. May you have many years of blissful anniversaries to share together.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Higher Ground Hotel
Comfort Suites Independence
Comfort Suites Independence
#4 of 18 in Independence
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence

Been to Silver Heart Inn? Share your experiences!