“It was OK”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Lee's Summit, MO
“It was OK”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I wanted a brisket sandwich. They serve sliced brisket with one piece of toast. The brisket was quite tender, and just mildly warm. Not a lot of smoked taste. It wasn't bad, but not quite what I was wanting at the time.

Visited December 2013

Newport, NC
“Worth the visit”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We enjoyed the meal - we had the special - "burnt ends" - yummy. Our waitress was friendly and attentive - there was more food than I could eat - my husband barely finished his. We know NC BBQ - and we know that KC BBQ is different - and it is...in a great way. The price was just right - so all-in-all it's worth the trip, if you're a BBQ fan. Our sides of slaw and Mac-n-cheese were just the right touch. It's within a stones throw of the Comfort Suites - so we walked over. We found out later that this is a chain - that didn't detract from it at all.

• Visited November 2013
Athens, Alabama
“Consistently Excellent Chain”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

It seems that keeping consistency in a BBQ chain must be difficult as I don't know anyone who has accomplished it other than possibly Rib Crib. I've been to other Rib Cribs in Oklahoma and the food is always very good to excellent. Even in this BBQ rich area, the Rib Crib thrives and is possibly the best BBQ on the East side of the metro. On this trip, I ordered a three meat platter with dry rubbed rids, sliced brisket and a hot link with choice of two sides I chose mac & cheese and slaw. All of the meats were excellent two meaty and well smoked ribs, lean and tender brisket and a flavorful and lean hot link. The sides were very good as well with a course cut slaw with carrots and a light mayo base and just right mac & cheese, not soupy yet not dry. I've been to this location a few prior times and have had burgers (very good) and other meat selections such as turkey and ham. My meal was about $16.00 with a soft drink and tax, not including tip. Located a couple of minutes off of I-70 between a Holiday Inn Express and a Comfort Suites. Full service with table and booth seating, beer and carry out available.

• Visited October 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
“excellent food!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I could have eaten here every day for a week. So much good food on menu hard to decide> I had country fried steak,AWESOME!!! my son had ribs Wonderful flavor! my daughter had chicken strips best ever!

Visited October 2013
Pendleton, South Carolina
“Very Good Ribs”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We ate here while staying in a restaurant nearby. We ordered the half rack of ribs with an extra salad. We split the entree as we are seniors and usually cannot eat the large servings. The ribs were well seasoned and tender. The restaurant is clean and well appointed. Service was good and timely.

• Visited September 2013