“Super friendly place. Good food and better desserts!”
Review of Corner Cafe

Corner Cafe
Ranked #3 of 257 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: There has always been a small restaurant at the “Corner” in Riverside, Missouri. Enter Ed & Kathi Rule. They had never been in the restaurant business before, but they always felt they knew what good food was all about. It began on May 15, 1983, when they opened a little 40-seat cafe that served breakfast and lunch. The CORNER CAFE was born. Expansions and new buildings have been built, but we continue the traditions that started back in 1983. We strive to provide the best products, the best service, and the best value in an atmosphere that makes you feel like you’re part of the family.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stopped here for the first time and was very pleased. The staff was great. The manager took a special interest in greeting and asking where we were from and what we were in town for. Very friendly and made sure we got a good table. The food was good. Similar to a Perkins or Bob Evans restaurant but I thought better. Desserts were plentiful and very good. Definitely will stop here again to eat.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We go here several times, been there for breakfast and dinner and the food is average priced but you get alot of it and usually taste great.I will say day and night are different if you want to smell the great bakery,and have options go during the week and for lunch yummo.Night time its a 50/50 split usually out of something even dinner rolls but over all good food.The service in the day is great evenings you could wait inline,or if you want to join in playing cat and mouse nights are for you over all worth the time to stop.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

If you like good food with terrible service, this is the place for you! I cannot tell you how many times my family and I have been to this restaurant and receive the same quality of service every time! Makes no difference who serves us it's terrible! It's the same at every Corner Cafe restaurant also. We have been going to this restaurant since the little train shack it used to be in riverside. The only reason we go back it that the food is good not wonderful just good. I went to the Corner Cafe in Independence on 3/16/2014, I walked up to the dessert counter to get a pie for dessert at home. The person at the counter, on the phone, didn't acknowledge me, I waited patiently, someone comes behind me, she gets off the phone, helps him first. RUDE! No apologies just rudeness!

Honestly I don't know why we go back.

1  Thank LeeAnn W
Reviewed March 17, 2014

If you want good home cooking then this is the place. My wife had the Chicken and Noodles and she was happy with her choice. I had the Turkey and Dressing Dinner and it was like a Thanksgiving feast. The food had a great taste and was well seasoned. My son had the BLT sandwich and it was loaded with bacon. I would recommend the Missouri Mud Slide for dessert. It is worth the calories. We have driven past this restaurant several times and it is always packed with cars. I now know why there is always a crowd. We will be back to this restaurant when we return to Kansas City for our next trip.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have had breakfast at this restaurant several times. They have everything from fruit pancakes to a full country breakfast. Their tenderloins, salads and turkey and dressing dinner are great! The rolls, that come with the dinners, are so big and good! Good place for the whole family. If you are in a hurry either get it to go or sit at the counter. They have pies and huge cinnamon rolls to go too. Great country decor!