“Hungry? You won't be once you leave.”
Review of Corner Cafe

Corner Cafe
Ranked #5 of 263 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: There has always been a small restaurant at the “Corner” in Riverside, Missouri. Enter Ed & Kathi Rule. They had never been in the restaurant business before, but they always felt they knew what good food was all about. It began on May 15, 1983, when they opened a little 40-seat cafe that served breakfast and lunch. The CORNER CAFE was born. Expansions and new buildings have been built, but we continue the traditions that started back in 1983. We strive to provide the best products, the best service, and the best value in an atmosphere that makes you feel like you’re part of the family.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We took a starving softball team in to eat and I can assure you we were not hungry after we left! No one could decide what to order because you were being pulled in too many directions of your childhood....meatloaf dinner, chicken fried steak, frecnh dip, even liver and onions (if that's your thing)! Huge salads, fried okra, bakery items beyond belief...it was wonderful. The service we received was astounding, they were on top of it all! We had about 20 kids and about 25 adults, from what I know...there weren't any problems at all. Very glad we chose to fill up and cool off at Corner Cafe!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently visited the Corner Cafe for the first time based on a relative's referral. Knowing my fondness for tasty home-made pies, my relative told me I'd love the choices served here. It is true what a few others have posted, walking in the front door and immediately seeing the dessert case is an instant good reason to look forward in sampling one of the pies, or for that matter, any one of the other bakery selections.
I had originally planned to only stop in for a slice of pie and perhaps a cup of coffee but after viewing the menu I decided to order a light lunch first. My selections were a small house salad and a cup of their chicken tortilla soup. Disappointment quickly set in after my first tastes of each; the soup was just mediocre in flavor and the large roll that came with my meal was "doughy" and not at all tasty as I expected by the sight of it. The salad greens had brown edges which was disappointing at first sight, and it too was just mediocre.
But the Coconut Cream pie for dessert was really worthy of praise! I found it difficult to make a selection with so many choices and then when I passed by the bakery case on my way out I spotted a huge chocolate chip pie in the bakery case which appeared to be 10-12 inches in diameter. I'm blown away that the price is only $10.99 and I WILL be returning soon to buy the whole pie for take-out! Hopefully, I won't be disappointed.
I will say, the server was very friendly and the service was good as well so I'll probably return to try something different from the menu and give the place a 2nd chance. Of course, the main reason I'll return will be for one of the desserts!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Everytime I come to Independence I always make sure to stop at Corner Cafe for breakfast.
It's a great family atmosphere & I'm always in a happy mood when I'm here.
Try the cinnamon roll, it's AMAZING!

This is a great place to go with a family.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I have been here 10 times now and not sure if I will return after my experience tonight.

1. Waitress name was Brenda she couldn't remember anything as far as who ordered what. Whose bill was who and so forth. We had a party of 9.

2. My food had human hair in it. No apologies no visit from the manager and had to wait. When food did return it had the incorrect sides on it.

Im not sure what happened tonight but Im giving them a F for everything worse experience I've had in a long time despite this I still left a 20% tip.

I hope management see this and respond an apology will go a long way.

2  Thank LoyalThanMost
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had never heard of the Corner Cafe until we drove past it on our way to Kansas City. We stayed in a hotel close by the one in Independence and decided to try it out. The food was excellent and there was a lot of food. None of us finished the food on our plate, but it was so yummy.