“Highly Recommend this hotel.”

Days Inn Independence
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Nevada, Iowa
“Highly Recommend this hotel.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family from 4 nights and everything about this hotel was just GREATT. Rooms were nice and clean, WIFI, FREE hot breakfast, rooms with amenities and we got room service everyday. When we walked in the lobby and we knew this would be a nice hotel. Front Desk manager was really nice and friendly. He did recommend some good sitting down restaurants that we could go eat. We have enjoyed our stay at Days Inn and we will be back.

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mike615

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pacific, Missouri
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel was recently purchased by Days Inn. It looks like they're updating all the rooms (Decor/Appliances) and keeping up on the maintenance and such. That part was fine (the bathroom was a bit small). The service was a little lacking. I'm not sure if it's a bad area I was in or just they way they previously ran it but they didn't let you in the lobby "after hours". There was no Vending Machine in sight, and the ice machine had seen better days.

Breakfast, by far, was the WORST breakfast I had ever had. Easily. I've stayed at hundreds of hotels over the years, I've never been so underwhelmed by breakfast. They had less than the standard Free Continental fare (Cereal, fruit, oatmeal). Those items were fine, but what attracted me to this hotel (and my colleague), was the fact that they had "Hot" items. Don't bother. The eggs were the most terrible rendition of "Powdered" eggs you can think about. The Sausage was somewhere between poorly seasoned powdered jerky meat and other words that are not fit for Trip Advisor. The sausage Gravy (NO Biscuits).....well it fit right in with the rest of the food there. I don't normally spend so much time complaining about breakfast, but I definitely felt the need.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The one and only reason to stay here is it's close to the baseball stadium. I was in KC for business and this place was terrible. There were only 9 rooms booked and the room they gave me had to be the worst in the place--why they would give this terrible room when I had a reservation is a mystery. I opened the door to the room and there were about a dozen flies in the room. I was really tired after a long drive so all I wanted to do was watch a little tv and sleep. Lights off and within 10 minutes a moth the size of a bat started flying around. Shut off the tv opened the door to scoot the moth/bat out--next morning bugs on the bathroom floor. Then I realized that there was a gap all around the door for the bugs to come in--looked like the door was pried open and the door did not fit. I could see daylight all the way around the door. I asked the new owner to do something about the bugs before I returned--he assured me he would call the bug guy and it would be taken care of. LIE!! Returned and the same bugs were on the bathroom floor. Terrible housekeeping. Glad I only had to stay 1 more night and I will never be there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank CamMc627
illinois
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed recently for 1 night. Upon check in, we were pleasantly greeted, and offered cookies. Got to our room and we were pleasantly surprised. Decorated in a contemporary style. Everything looked in very good condition, very clean. Very comfortable bed. Nice sink area. Bathroom a little on the small side. Nice flat screen tv, unfortunately the actual tv signal was not too good, kind of fuzzy/grainy picture at times. Only real room issue we had was the shower head was a little tricky to get a strong stream of water from it.
The breakfast in the morning was good. In addition to the usual hotel breakfast items, they also had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, and sausage patties. Only knock would be that the juice machine was not working when we were there. Very friendly staffers during breakfast.
Very close to the interstate, only a few miles from the KC Royals stadium. We stayed at three similar places on this trip, both cost more, yet this one was definitely better than one and on a par with the other.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The hotel looks like it was completely redone. The beds are comfy and mattress are new, clean, and comfortable. Bathroom was very small but clean with a full tub. The carpet was clean and new looking. They have direct tv but it is small.

The check in was quick and they switched our rooms when we showed up before check in time so we could get in our rooms early. Breakfast included waffles, cereal, danishes, and bagels. Coffee was good but orange juice tasted watered down.

I traveled with my daughter and felt safe in the area. The hotel room opens to the outdoors but there are several in the area. There is also may places to eat close to the hotel.

Great stay at a quiet hotel with an affordable price. I will be staying again. Rooms look exactly like shown on the hotel website.

Room Tip: There are stairs but if you stay on the first floor you may have to deal with cars pulling in.