“THe biscuit and gravy are very good. room was small but...”

Days Inn Independence
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Independence

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The one and only reason to stay here is it's close to the baseball stadium. I was in KC for business and this place was terrible. There were only 9 rooms booked and the room they gave me had to be the worst in the place--why they would give this terrible room when I had a reservation is a mystery. I opened the door to the room and there were about a dozen flies in the room. I was really tired after a long drive so all I wanted to do was watch a little tv and sleep. Lights off and within 10 minutes a moth the size of a bat started flying around. Shut off the tv opened the door to scoot the moth/bat out--next morning bugs on the bathroom floor. Then I realized that there was a gap all around the door for the bugs to come in--looked like the door was pried open and the door did not fit. I could see daylight all the way around the door. I asked the new owner to do something about the bugs before I returned--he assured me he would call the bug guy and it would be taken care of. LIE!! Returned and the same bugs were on the bathroom floor. Terrible housekeeping. Glad I only had to stay 1 more night and I will never be there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank CamMc627
illinois
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed recently for 1 night. Upon check in, we were pleasantly greeted, and offered cookies. Got to our room and we were pleasantly surprised. Decorated in a contemporary style. Everything looked in very good condition, very clean. Very comfortable bed. Nice sink area. Bathroom a little on the small side. Nice flat screen tv, unfortunately the actual tv signal was not too good, kind of fuzzy/grainy picture at times. Only real room issue we had was the shower head was a little tricky to get a strong stream of water from it.
The breakfast in the morning was good. In addition to the usual hotel breakfast items, they also had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, and sausage patties. Only knock would be that the juice machine was not working when we were there. Very friendly staffers during breakfast.
Very close to the interstate, only a few miles from the KC Royals stadium. We stayed at three similar places on this trip, both cost more, yet this one was definitely better than one and on a par with the other.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The hotel looks like it was completely redone. The beds are comfy and mattress are new, clean, and comfortable. Bathroom was very small but clean with a full tub. The carpet was clean and new looking. They have direct tv but it is small.

The check in was quick and they switched our rooms when we showed up before check in time so we could get in our rooms early. Breakfast included waffles, cereal, danishes, and bagels. Coffee was good but orange juice tasted watered down.

I traveled with my daughter and felt safe in the area. The hotel room opens to the outdoors but there are several in the area. There is also may places to eat close to the hotel.

Great stay at a quiet hotel with an affordable price. I will be staying again. Rooms look exactly like shown on the hotel website.

Room Tip: There are stairs but if you stay on the first floor you may have to deal with cars pulling in.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Everyone was friendly and the stay was great. it was queit and i got a great sleep. The hotel was also close to the historical sites I wanted to see as well. I was one exit away from the truman sports complex and the rooms were clean. I was also served a nice breakfast in the morning. I recomend the econo lodge

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sean d
Littleton, Colorado, United States
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Started off when we got there at 7pm and there was one car in the lot. All the other hotels in the area were full. Our room was like an icebox and after an hour maybe warmed up to 60 degrees in the room. The deadbolt didn't work and the security chain on the door was missing. The carpet had stains all over it and we actually put down towels to walk on after showering in the barely warm water. The area outside was horrible. There were cop cars in the parking lot and lots of guys walking around the hotel but no one was staying there. After an hour and a half we decided it was just better to get back on the road and drive the remaining 10 hours home. The desk clerk was very friendly though and would have probably got us a room with heat, but the neighborhood just seemed too unsafe.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fred H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Super 8 Independence Kansas City
Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City

Been to Days Inn Independence? Share your experiences!