“Bragging on Your Staff”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Bragging on Your Staff”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

A wonderful experience was had during our stay! Scott was remarkable, friendly, and fun. He is great! He went out of his way for us!
Tiffany at the desk was a real help also. She came to our aid in the night, issues with our TV Mariah had a great breakfast. Our room was clean and cheery. Loved our restful stay and your staff.We definitely will return!

Room Tip: check out the TV. make sure it works well.
1 Thank Larry D
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you very much for making your very first TA review about your recent stay with us. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We really appreciate compliments to members of our team, and I'll be sure they receive the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had three rooms for a family trip. The front desk lady was extremely nice as was the maintenance man. The hotel shows a little age, but was clean. They are still putting money into it as witnessed by a sidewalk repair and landscaping being done.

The rooms were clean and of average size. The amenties were on par with what one can expect from this star level.

One person in our party could hardly sleep due to the pillows. She stated that even their pillow marked as firm was not firm enough. Things like that are subjective though as I found the pillows fine because I like soft pillows. Another in our party lauded the hotel for being extremely quiet.

The breakfast was fine and consisted of the standard fare. If you can get this hotel at a good price, I am guessing you will find it suitable.

1 Thank trm684
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your family and taking the time to share your comments. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide, and appreciate your understanding about the pillows. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you here in the future.
Goodland, Kansas
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Friendly folks here! Scott made me feel especially welcome with his great attitude and smile. The room was immaculate, the bed comfy and, as always, HI Express exceeded my expectations. Lot's of restaurants to choose from all within walking distance.

1 Thank eurekasmom
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your comments and 5 star rating. It is always nice to receive guest feedback about the wonderful service they've received, and I'll be sure that Scott is recognized for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were headed to Kansas City on May 2 for a college visit and a choir competition, when the snow got so bad that we had to stop in Independence.The Holiday Inn Express & Suites rooms were very spacious and the breakfast was quite good.My husband and oldest child went to the college visit while the younger two swam for a while. We checked out of our room at 11:00 and moved into the breakfast area to work on school work until Dad and Sis returned from their campus tour.They returned at 12:15 and we went on to our original hotel destination for the choir competition.I know... boring review, but I haven't told you about the staff that we got to meet while we were there.Scott,a licensed pool technician, made sure we had a fun and safe visit to the pool.We talked with him about his family's experience with homeschooling and he encouraged us to continue with our homeschooling.We enjoyed talking about about our family's faith in God with Scott.What a blessing! The sweet lady cleaning the breakfast area held off on vacuuming while we did our school work in the corner. When we finished and were packing up to leave, she made sure we had everything and made small talk with my two children which made them feel special.The lady working the front desk as we were leaving asked my 10 year old if he had enjoyed his stay. He said he did and she told him how glad she was and to have a fun weekend.He said it made him feel grown up to have all those adults talk to him like he was a person and not just a little kid. Thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side of the hotel away from the interstate. Very quiet there.
1 Thank VanGoMom
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for making the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. Its people like you who make our jobs of assuring guest comfort and satisfaction very rewarding. I'm glad you chose our hotel for your stopover and hope that you will stay with us again.
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I did not have a reservation and was very tired from driving. Stopped at multiple exits and all hotels were booked. I finally stopped here and the front desk person had one room left and got me in. He was great to work with. The next day in the hallway I passed by Scott in the hallway. I believe he does engineering work for the hotel and he stopped me to ask me how my stay was and how I liked the hotel. Super nice guy. I have never had that happen to me, especially from engineering and I stay at hotels probably 50 nights a year. If you are ever in the area I reccomend staying here.

Room Tip: Double Rooms have two queen beds which is great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin G
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write and post your very first TA review about your recent experience at our hotel. It’s guests like you who validate our efforts in keeping our hotels at the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities. We take a great deal of pride in our people and operations and endeavor to deliver a terrific experience to every guest. We really appreciate your strong recommendation and look forward to serving you again on your next visit.
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The room next to us had a couple of dogs that began barking while the owner was out. We complained to the fron desk staff. They moved, and upgraded us free of charge. The person in that room was little loud and the staff had to knock on his door to tell him to quiet down(he was talking to someone on the phone). For our troubles they gave us a gift card for gas and 5,000 Priority Club points. Also each morning at breakfast the girl, I think her name was Mariha, was very nice, helpful, and friendly. She worked hard to keep everything clean and stocked, and even picked up trays if you were done so you didn't have to get up. Great experience. This is how a hotel should operate.

1 Thank Alan B
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and we really appreciate your recommendation. Mariah is terrific and inspires the rest of us to do our best with every guest, every day. I'll make sure she receives the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.
Independence, Missouri, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was here for a bridal shower recently. The hotel staff was very helpful, from the lady at the front desk, and the girl who stocked the coffees, and to the maintenance guy Scott. I would suggest this hotel to anyone looking for a place to have a bridal shower, or any other event. I'm sure the rooms are awesome too! :D

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Samantha M
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thanks for posting your comments about your recent experience at our hotel. We want all our guests, regardless of whether they are renting a guest room or meeting room, to be happy they chose our hotel, and I'm glad your group was pleased with our service. Our guest rooms are nice, and I hope we can show you at least one next time you are here.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Comfort Suites Independence
#5 of 18 in Independence
Higher Ground Hotel
Higher Ground Hotel
#3 of 18 in Independence

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence? Share your experiences!