Whether Independence is your destination or if you want to stay close to Kansas City without being in the thick of things, keep this property in mind. Being a part of the Holiday Inn family, this hotel most certainly meets their standards for cleanliness and comfort.
We stayed in a king suite that featured a sitting area between the bathroom and the sleeping area. The suite also includes a small refrigerator and microwave, perfect for storing and reheating those leftovers you bring back from one of the many local eateries Kansas City is famous for!
Being a HI Express, they also offer a free breakfast. Although there is a wide variety of breakfast items (scrambled eggs or cheese omelets, sausage patties or bacon, biscuits and gravy, etc.), these are for the most part appear to be pre-made and microwaved. There is also cold cereal, fruit and a pancake machine that actually makes pretty good pancakes! (If you really need a good "stick to your ribs" breakfast, there is an IHOP within the same business complex.)
Overall, we would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to our friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Independence-Kansas City, Missouri is conveniently located near the Arrowhead and Kauffman Stadiums, home of both the Kansas City Chiefs Football and the Royals Baseball teams. You will also be surrounded by a variety of dining establishments that are within walking distance. The hotel is located minutes away from the Independence Center shopping mall, which makes for an easy visit to the wide variety of stores lining the 39th Street Shopping District.The hotel is also located just a few blocks from the new Center Point Medical Center, as well as Bass Pro.The Holiday Inn Express is the best place to stay if you are visiting the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum which is now showing the Truman and Israel exhibit. Make sure to see the Truman Home, Truman Courthouse and Office, as well as the Truman Memorial. The hotel is also conveniently located to visitors of the National Frontier Trails Museum, launching point of the Oregon Trail, as well as the Santa Fe and California Trails.Be sure to visit the Bingham Waggoner Estate and the Historic Independence Square! The Mormon Visitors Center, Community of Christ Temple and Auditorium, Hidden Valley Sports Complex, and The Sports Lodge are also conveniently located. We are minutes from the Sprint Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Independence Hotel Independence
- Holiday Inn Independence
- Independence Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Independence