“Great Staff & Accomodations”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Springfield, Missouri
“Great Staff & Accomodations”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The staff is excellent, friendly and accomodating. The hotel and rooms very clean and full of amenities and comfortable. The location very convenient and in a very nice area. We took a large group for a soccer tournament and with that many people it's easy for something to go wrong, but nothing did. Everything was made easy for us from check in to check out, including extra towels, early breakfast for our group, suggestions on dining in the area, directions to our events. We will be back the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Pool is on the first floor so upper levels are quieter I'm sure.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Peggy W
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thanks so much for your great review and recommendation, we really appreciate it. We take a lot of pride in making sure everyone has a problem free stay, and work especially hard to make sure that our groups happy they chose to stay with us. We look forward to having you all back here the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Oklahoma
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This Holiday Inn Express is very clean, and the staff is very helpful. But, that being said. I was extremely disappointed to find out that the pool, and hot tub was shut down for construction.
We were told we could "use the pool and hot tub next door at the Comfort Inn". When I asked. "Why wasn't this listed so we would know ahead of time". I was told, "It just came up"!
If you are planning to stay here anytime soon, and want to use a pool, and hot tub. You better call first, or you could get surprised.

Now after planning a weekend get-a-way, this didn't start things off well.
Next, we had to change rooms, because the bed was as hard as the floor! The next room was better, but not much.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am truly sorry that the pool was down during your visit - it was one of those things that started as a very small repair that lead to another unknown problem and repair and on and on for two days. We hadn't intended to close the pool for the initial cosmetic repair, and determined the other repairs were necessary at that time, resulting a big disappointment for you and many others. If you would like to discuss this further and give me the opportunity to make it right for you, please contact me privately. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to serve you in the future.
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My brother and his girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel the weekend of the Kenny Chesney concert and it was a very good experience. The staff was friendly and we got checked in and out very quickly and they were very good at accomidating our needs. The rooms are nice and clean. I would recommend staying at this hotel if your in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Angie O
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thanks so much for staying with us and rating your experience here. I'm glad you were pleased with the accommodations & service we provided. There's always something going on here, and we hope you will stay with us again the next time you come for a good time.
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Staff was friendly, funny, and accommodating! Had a great night's rest and a wonderful breakfast in the morning! Would recommend anyone to stay here!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Eggy5
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thanks for the super review and recommendation! Holiday Inn's Motto is "Great Hotels - Guests Love" and we're so glad you agree. Must be because you have such good taste! We're looking forward to our next opportunity to serve you here.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We always stay here when visiting the Kansas City area. The staff is friendly, the rooms nice, and the breakfast is status quo HIE. One real plus is that the hotel is within walking distance of several good restaurants. In fact, Rib Crib is right across the parking lot.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank bear7711
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you very much for your loyalty and comments. We agree that the Rib Crib serves terrific food, and are lucky to have them (and others) so close. We work hard to keep our returning guests happy they chose us, and we really appreciate your recognition of our efforts, which I will share with the entire team. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in our area.
Coeur D Alene
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We arrived to find that our reservation had a"glitch" - the front desk staff (Deanna & Mathew) solved our situation in a friendly, professional and prompt fashion. This set the tone for a pleasant stay - we will be back! Parker Woodall

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Parker1939
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Deanna & Matthew are terrific & inspire all of us to do our best at all times, I'll be sure to give them the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here. We look forward to our next opportunity to be your hotel of choice in Independence
North Central Maryland
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Following a brief business stop south of the KC area, I used this property as a layover before flying home out of KC International the next day. I think this HI Express has the potential to be a great hotel, but I experienced too many negatives during my short stay to give it higher marks. Situated just off of I-70 and in the midst of several shopping and dining establishments, this hotel's location is one thing in its favor. Unfortunately, the great location didn't carry over to great service. Perhaps I caught them on a bad day, but I found the reception at both check-in and checkout to be lukewarm at best. My room was clean, spacious and nicely furnished, but the AC unit was having a difficult time keeping up with the hot summertime temperatures outside, so it wasn't the most comfortable night's sleep I've ever had. I had an early morning flight, so I wasn't able to stick around for their complimentary breakfast, but they did set out muffins and coffee for early departers, which I thought was a nice touch. Perhaps a longer stay would have given his hotel a chance to live up to its potential, or it could have just unearthed more flaws? It's difficult to say and with so many other hotels in the area I'm not sure I'd stay again to find out.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I am very sorry that you did not receive better service, please accept my sincere apology. I will use your comments in discussions and training to improve our delivery of great service and to emphasize the need for everyone to really connect in a positive way with our guests. I do hope you will give another chance to earn your loyalty in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Comfort Suites Independence
#5 of 18 in Independence
Higher Ground Hotel
Higher Ground Hotel
#3 of 18 in Independence

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence? Share your experiences!