“Service and Atmosphere make average meal worthwhile”

Salvatore's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 251 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wichita, Kansas
“Service and Atmosphere make average meal worthwhile”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Ate here with a large group recently. Calamari, escargot, and artichoke appetizers were just average. Salad was ok. Entrees ranged from excellent grilled stuffed veal to blah, over-cooked pasta dishes. All in all for food, not bad. However, the wait staff was excellent, attentive, and fun. Wine selection is very good. And for a small joint next to a pawn shop, the interior atmosphere is warm and inviting.

• Visited December 2013

kansas city
“Italian carrots?”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Salvatore's has wonderful calamari, house salad, spedini, and pasta! Although not on the menu, on some days, you can request a side order of cooked carrots. We ordered 3 sides for a party of 6 and shared them as an appetizer! They are the best I've ever had! I think they have an amaretto glaze. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
Independence, Missouri
“Best Italian Food In The Area”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I love Italian food. I used to live in Providence, RI where Italian food is as plentiful as water...
I haven't had great Italian food since I left Providence that is until I went to Salvatore's.
I had the fried ravioli, lasagne, and salad.
Everything was so fresh and the flavors were outstanding.
The house salad was even worth commenting on. The house dressing is delightful and they even add artichokes.
The prices are very reasonable and portions are quite large.
The service also exceeded my expectations.
I can't wait to go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank BleuJ
Osceola, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Small authentic Italian restaurant, best service i have ever received and steaks cooked to perfection.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank cody m
Atlanta, Georgia
“Spiedinis- whaaa?”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Bullet Points -

Location - next to a pawn shop - was not expecting much!

Inside Decor - Actually really nice! looked like the inside was a much higher end establishment, Was said "Hello" to about 4 times on the way in, love that.

Main course - Spiedinis.....I have been eating Italian at restaurants and I have no idea where this dish came from. I was told to get it from the folks I was with and now I am trying to get my wife to make it for me! So tasty, chicken was cooked perfectly and covered with herbs/lemon/capers its just divine. Try it, totally unique without being an acquired taste!

Prices are a great value - was totally full by the end of my meal

• Visited September 2013