“Good comfort food”

Dining options: Reservations
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good comfort food”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've dined at this restaurant on many occassions and have never had a bad experience. Great place for Sunday brunch with friends.

• Visited July 2012

Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Great Atmosphere, Service and Food! We eat here at least once a month for the past 12 years and almost always the same. Chicken Spendini and Gorozzo are the best. Used to eat down town at the Gorozzo's on Harrison starting in 93 but when they opened this one in Independence, we started coming here. They raised the prices downtown after the fire and they are too busy, plus the service does not compare to Salvatore's.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank mark s
Independence, Missouri
“Love Salvatorre's”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We visit Salvatorre's for our special occaisions, Birthdays, Anniversary, Bad day at work. The Spedini is fabulous, the steak modiga is great and the service is even better. Can't wait for the next event in our life to celebrate.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank krj0109
Norwood, NJ
“Great food, better service”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I went to dinner at Salvatore's Restuarant after looking over some of Tripadvisor's recommendations. We were quite pleased with our dinner. The waitress was very accomodating, and was able to customize our choices. My husband had pasta with vegetables with garlic and oil and delicous soup. I had fried cheese ravioli and a gigantic salad. The waitress and busboy were quite attentive throughout our meal. If you want authentic, good Italian food in Independence, go to Salvatore's.

• Visited October 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Food still is good as I remember, but the service has declined”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Had not been to Salvatore's in 8, perhaps 9 months. The welcoming smells and "just like home" look brought back good memories. Frank still plays on the music rotation in the background. And the food was spot on - just as good as it always was.

But our server was off the night we were there. Not refilling water glasses, or offering. Double charging for a beverage. Haphazard efforts to serve different people at the table first (instead of the ladies). Appetizer, salads and entree's that night (but no dessert, the portions are always filling).

I will go back because there is only so long I can go without the great food. But I will ask for someone else for my waiter.

• Visited August 2012