“A Wonderful Place to Eat”

Salvatore's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 251 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Blue Springs, Missouri
“A Wonderful Place to Eat”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The service is great and the food is even better. Try the stuffed artichoke; it is an appetizer well worth sharing. The Zito Con Broccoli and the Cavatelli Catania were wonderful pastas and were very generous servings for leftovers. Will go back again and again!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Karen S

“Little known authentic Italian.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Excellent food great service. Italian butter a must. Large portions. My Caesar salad was warm and wilted but not a deal breaker. One of our party got served the wrong meal. It was quickly replaced and free dessert for us all. The lighting is VERY dim and the bathroom small and dated but the food is worth it.

Austin, Texas
“A classic Italian Experience”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is the best traditional Italian restaurant left in Kansas City. The food is rich, well seasoned and extremely flavorful. Great stuffed artichoke or fried calamari for an appetizer. Can't go wrong with Chicken Samantha, Rigatoni Canzaneri, Tortellini Gina, or really anything on the menu. They have one of the best steak sandwiches in K.C.! I don't know where the dufus below thinks is great Italian, but he belongs with the other sheep at Olive Garden or one of the other microwaved, pre-packaged Italian chain horrors out there. And as far as price, they are very reasonable. If you are on a budget, go for lunch. Slightly smaller portions(still a belt loosening experience) and the prices are excellent!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank vantine8665
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“I saw a roach and it turned me off”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I was totally turned off from eating here as we were sitting at a table having wine and a roach crawled up the wall. I totally turned me off and we got up and left. I didn't try the food...it may be fantastic, but I had lost my appetite.

1 Thank Sue P
Texas
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Hubby and I had the best Italian food we've had in ages at Salvatore's. We split the calamari appetizer which was perfectly prepared. We tried a spiedini which we'd never had before -- WOW! Delicious. Service was very good, but we were at the end of the lunch hour so the place wasn't crowded. Our only regret was that we didn't eat there earlier in our visit so we would have been able to return while in Independence. A bit pricey for dinner, but lunch prices quite reasonable.

• Visited June 2012