“Little known authentic Italian.”

Salvatore's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 249 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Little known authentic Italian.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Excellent food great service. Italian butter a must. Large portions. My Caesar salad was warm and wilted but not a deal breaker. One of our party got served the wrong meal. It was quickly replaced and free dessert for us all. The lighting is VERY dim and the bathroom small and dated but the food is worth it.

Austin, Texas
“A classic Italian Experience”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is the best traditional Italian restaurant left in Kansas City. The food is rich, well seasoned and extremely flavorful. Great stuffed artichoke or fried calamari for an appetizer. Can't go wrong with Chicken Samantha, Rigatoni Canzaneri, Tortellini Gina, or really anything on the menu. They have one of the best steak sandwiches in K.C.! I don't know where the dufus below thinks is great Italian, but he belongs with the other sheep at Olive Garden or one of the other microwaved, pre-packaged Italian chain horrors out there. And as far as price, they are very reasonable. If you are on a budget, go for lunch. Slightly smaller portions(still a belt loosening experience) and the prices are excellent!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank vantine8665
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“I saw a roach and it turned me off”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I was totally turned off from eating here as we were sitting at a table having wine and a roach crawled up the wall. I totally turned me off and we got up and left. I didn't try the food...it may be fantastic, but I had lost my appetite.

1 Thank Sue P
Texas
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Hubby and I had the best Italian food we've had in ages at Salvatore's. We split the calamari appetizer which was perfectly prepared. We tried a spiedini which we'd never had before -- WOW! Delicious. Service was very good, but we were at the end of the lunch hour so the place wasn't crowded. Our only regret was that we didn't eat there earlier in our visit so we would have been able to return while in Independence. A bit pricey for dinner, but lunch prices quite reasonable.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Charleytoo
Junction City, Kansas
“Best Italian food ever”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is the only Italian restraurant that does the real deal. Simple stick to your ribs Italian food that your would get at your grandmas house (if she was Italian). If you are a person that thinks Olive Garden is good Italian, don't eat here because you won't like it. If you think Olive Garden is ok but you are looking for the real deal, look no further.

Visited July 2011