“Never again!”

Cheddar's
Ranked #10 of 254 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was the first restaurant that we ate at during our stay. A couple people in our party had never been to Cheddar's at all so this was their first time. Others have been to other restaurants and was expecting the same service and quality. The restaurant was clean and has a nice environment. The waitress was nice and somewhat attentive. We ordered and it took a while to get our food. When the food finally arrive, it was not hot at all which didn't make me very happy. So we ended up sending 3 of the 5 dishes back due to them not being hot. It took some time for the order to be prepared for a 2nd time. Then when I received my order, once again the cheese was not melted and I didn't enjoy it. I just asked the waitress to take it away. Two in my party ordered the catfish and said that it tasted fake. One ordered the spasagna (or something like that) and it looked like a block of cheesy spaghetti topped with meat sauce. Didn't like it. I personally ordered the philly cheese steak and it was very bland and had not taste to it.

Overall, I would not eat at this Cheddar's again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food here is pretty good and the prices are reasonable but there is nothing really special about it, that you can't get at any other similar place.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

If you get a server that is a shorter guy with dark shaggy hair and a goatee, then just leave before you order. His service was so poor it ruined everything about the meal. Drinks were not kept refilled. We asked for extra sauce with our appetizer, and after having to ask again several times, he didn't bring it out until we were finishing the meal. He forgot to bring the salads that were supposed to come out before the entrees. I don't mean he brought them late, but rather the salads never came at all. Food came out on plates that had a lot of food stuck on the bottom of them. It's not hard to check to see if the plates are clean before delivering the food to the table. Overall it was just a really disappointing experience, and it was hard to enjoy the rest of what would have otherwise been a pretty good meal.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was surprised that this restaurant got any bad reviews AT ALL. This isn't a 5 star restaurant: the most expensive item on the menu is like $14! Comparing it to other restaurants in its "class" this rates at the very top and it would be unfair to compare it to other steak houses and such that charge $30+ per meal. It's beautiful with great menu options and 90% of their food is made "in house" (from scratch!!) plus the portions are very generous. You won't leave here hungry!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Good food, reasonably priced. The only problem was the extremely sticky floor under our corner booth. Yuck. And whatever it was, it was hard to get off the bottom of our shoes.