“Another great night!”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Another great night!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

As I return to Independance MO for business. The Hilton Garden Inn is my choice to stay. Staff is always friendly and go the extra mile to ensure I have all the comforts I need. The rooms are always ready during check-in. Fresh and clean! Great running path next to the hotel for an early morning run. Coffee is ready when I return from my run!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

marcy_yates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Independence. We truly aim to treat our guests like family! See you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Omaha, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2013

You like rock hard beds. Overall, the stay was nice. It was quiet, easy to find and great breakfast. But that bed really turned me off from this hotel. They missed my note about needing non-feather pillows in the room but called housekeeping while I was checking in and those pillows were in our room before we even got up there, plus a note from housekeeping apologizing. That's great service! But those beds...!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I’m so sorry you experienced discomfort with the Garden Sleep beds in our hotel during your stay. Our housekeeping staff works diligently to set the control knobs to reset all guest preferences between stays and I regret to hear you didn’t experience that. I apologize for the inconvenience regarding this discomfort. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in Independence. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience ever.
Wichita, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel is very well maintained, the staff is unbelievably nice and helpful. The location is excellent (close to several restaurants and the mall) and it is very contemporary. The gym is a little small, but well maintained. I would definitely recommend it to anyone needing a hotel in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Independence. We truly appreciate you selecting our hotel for your travel needs. We hope to see you next time!
Fayette
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very clean property. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Although the hotel was situated along a major interstate highway, we were delighted at how quiet it was. The mattress should be a higher quality.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Independence. We value your comments and will share with the staff. We apologize that you did not enjoy the Hilton Garden Inn Sleep bed during your visit. We hope to see you again in the future!
United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

For the price this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The lobby was clean, brightly lit and comfortable, the staff was helpful and positive, and the room was clean and quiet. I especially liked the free water bottles in the fridge and the Q-tips in the bathroom. The only thing I could complain of was a very minor odor that cleared up after a couple of hours. Also there is a very nice 13 mile running trial immediately behind the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

marcy_yates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive guest experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Independence. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We will share your comments with our staffand we were glad to hear you enjoy the running trail. If in the area again, we hope to see you!
Reviewed August 27, 2013

since day one when I checked in there was a problem my room wasn't ready check in time have to come back twice then they finally gave me a different room so I go up to my room door doesn't open come back down to find us they scan my card again go back up to the floor again you're still the man open come back down a second time then they send me up with third time with maintenance finally get store open that was the first day so the second day we leave go out all day come back and I come back to my laptop charger bean broken and half the cord was torn in half it was not like that when I left went down to the front desk complained they said there was nothing they can do until the next day speak to management they will give it to maintenance try to fix it sorry blah blah blah okay go back upstairs get ready to leave and ask if a housekeeper asked me if she could clean my room I said sure please all the towels needed to be changed so I put them on the floor in the bathroom we leave come back my children going to play in the pool come upstairs going to shower there's few minutes there's no towels I go into the bathroom okay they replace they took the old house but didn't bring me this house after the supposedly clean my room so then I go down I call from the let them know that I need it tells because the house you were clean my room took my towels and didn't replace them they said very sorry about that we will send one of them tiles luckily I had my own towels so I have my kids use their towels because if not they would have been thrown by the time the house were sent off because I have to call again an hour later and ask for my towels then they brought them up so the next day I finally was able to talk to the manager about my charger and her response was we have to investigate we have no proof that the house for did it maybe your children did it I told them that no my 8 year old in three year old did not break that charger I don't know who did it but somebody didn't when I left the room according to them they had to the the gate but she told me I had a doubt the housekeeper didn't so I don't understand why I even left the gate if you're ready telling me that the housekeepers didn't do it so I didn't get nothing done with the charger of course in replace it of course it and try to accommodate me they didn't do anything so that was just horrible so then as I go back upstairs and um decide you know what we need to leave we pay for 4 nights left on the third night because it was just a bad experience day after day after day I am so disappointed in the Hilton I have stayed in previous Hilton's and they were great never again will I stay at any Hilton just because of this experience alone and I will make sure to let everybody know so that they don't waste your money either

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Nancyt777
marcy_yates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay at our hotel. At Hilton Garden Inn, we aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and we regret this was not your experience. I’m sorry for the unfortunate experience with your charger, and that you did not receive clean towels regularly. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback as we take all of our reviews into consideration as we are constantly trying to better ourselves for our guests. We hope that the next time you’re in the area, you’ll stay with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfcation.
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I wanted to give this hotel a 5 so bad- it really did exceed my expectations and we had a great stay here. But there was some slight room for improvement:
CONS:
-lots of road noise from our room. It didn't bother me much because I was sooooo tired, but I definitely noticed it. It might bother some people.
-the toilet clogged twice. Maintenance came up right away to fix it though.
-the temperature in the hallways was always way hot on our floor (6th floor) and way cold on the main floor.
-minor things like peeling wall paper in our room and very small amounts of mold in the corners of the bathtub.
Now for the PROS:
-great customer service
-super nice lobby
-we didn't eat at this hotel, but the restaurant, breakfast buffet looked awesome
-comfy bed
-complimentary waters in the mini-fridge
-clean

It was perfect for us. I recommend this hotel and would have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
marcy_yates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Hilton Garden Inn. We truly value your comments and will share them with our staff. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep everything in working order and I regret to hear you didn’t experience that with warm hallways and plumbing issues. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. If in Independence again, we’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience ever.