“Excellent Service and Super Clean and Comfortable”

Hilton Garden Inn Independence
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Thomasviile, NC
“Excellent Service and Super Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn. I always stay at Hilton Garden Inns, however this one was very clean, the staff were excellent, and the rooms were super clean and comfortable. Great for a business trip. Good Restaurant attached to the hotel and be sure to ask for the discount for that restaurant. Again, Excellent all the way around. Would stay here again and bring my family.

Room Tip: Choose your room on the east side - it is cooler in the afternoon and much quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
marcy_yates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you very much for the great review of our hotel. We will share it with our team members. Please come back and see us next time you are in Independence!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Thomasville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent Service at all levels - Room was very clean - Internet work without flaws - Breakfast was Incredible - Staff was Unequaled. Staff was very expedient and friendly - had many great ideas for what I should do on the Fourth of July - Great People!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank for for staying with us over the 4th of July holiday! We truly appreciate the great comments that you shared. We love for our guests to have great experiences at our hotel. We sure hope to see you again!
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. The room was very clean and in a very safe area that is close to lots of shopping and restaraunts. I thought the rate was very reasonable for the area. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel which was an extra charge. If you are going to a Royals or Chiefs game this is a good place to stay. It is easy to get on/off the freeway and less than 10 minutes from the stadiums. Overall a very good stay and we plan on staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Conversation started today
11:38am
Simon Fisher

I stayed at this hotel for one night on Saturday 25th May 2013 whilst driving between Branson, MO and Spirit Lake, IO

This was a very nice Hilton Garden Inn - very business like in its feel

Nice clean common areas and excellent breakfast. I received a complimentary breakfast for two because I am a Hilton Honors Gold Card Member - you need to state this at reception on check-in and show your card.

The room was very spacious, modern and exceptionally clean.

However during my stay the hotel had a wedding party and also some kind of cheerleaders and families staying there. This made the property very very noisey! I struggled to get to sleep (but thankfully when I did it was a good one as the bed was superb)

About midnight I went outside my room to find a drunken man slumped over at the end of the corridor with a bottle of beer in his hand (he must have been from the wedding party). There were also women running up and down the corridor screaming and laughing and to top this off the cheerleaders also made a racket

I got hold of a handy man and told him to get the noise 'turned down'. He said he had spoken to them but they kept on for another couple of hours.

So in the end not a brilliant stay at this hotel.

I pointed all of this out to the management team who in turn were very polite and understanding. In the morning the stupid cheerleaders even had the gall to set up their own breakfast in the corridors of the hotel on make shift tables and eat in the corridors! This was absolutely crazy and totally ruined the look of this property and I have never seen this done before. Again I addressed the issue with the front desk and they said they would take care of it.

Hilton refunded my stay of course and I thank the front desk team for looking into my complaint and handling it properly.

A few tips for the hotel though:

1) When you have wedding parties / school groups / cheerleader groups etc for heavens sake separate them from other hotel guests as the noise they create is not good

2) Make sure your staff monitor groups like this a little more and keep them in check - make sure they are doing nothing untoward (like setting up breakfast in a corridor!)

Room Tip: If you know of any wedding parties staying at this hotel at the weekends ask to be on another floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I’m so sorry you experienced some noise issues with other groups in the hotel. Our staff focuses on the noise complaints and I regret to hear you didn’t experience that. I apologize for this inconvenience. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in Independence. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience ever.
West Plains, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The price was very good and location was great. There are many out standing restaurants in the local vacinty and every type of shopping you can imagine around the hotel. I have been at this hotel for many years for conferences and it is a great place. I have never stayed there before. After staying there I have discovered the hotel needs a little updating; particularly the mattresses.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We appreciate all the positive comments about the area. We apologize you did not enjoy your sleeping experience. The Hilton Garden Inn sleep system bed is designed specifically for our brand. The bed can be adjusted to soft or firm. If in our area again, please give us another try and we will make sure the bed is on a proper setting to your liking. We hope to see you again!
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

While traveling on the road, we called to inquire about availability and cost. They knew we were shopping around for a place to stay that night and gave us a great rate for such a nice hotel, plus gave us four vouchers for free breakfast. The room was beautiful and had plenty of room. I will check out Hilton Hotel Conference Centers more often.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
marcy_yates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I'm so glad we were able to help with your accomodations during your travels. Thank you for sharing your experience and staying with us. We hope to see you again if in the area!
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have stopped here several times when traveling through Kansas City. The staff is always helpful and very nice. The front desk is always ready to please.

This is one of the newer hotels along I 70 when you are traveling across Missouri and Kansas. The rooms are very nice and the hotel has a large indoor pool.

There are several close restaurants if you do not want to eat at the hotel restaurant. First watch is a great breakfast place close by. But, the hotel has a nice breakfast. The hotel also has a steak place that is attached - Hereford house.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Independence during your travels! We appreciate the positive comments you shared about the hotel. We hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
Higher Ground Hotel
Higher Ground Hotel
#2 of 18 in Independence

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Independence? Share your experiences!