“Very nice hotel and great place to stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn Independence
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Tampa, Florida
“Very nice hotel and great place to stay!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great hotel and accomodations. The room was fresh and clean and the staff is very knowledgable. Nice variety of places to eat within walking distance of the hotel. The front desk staff is particulary good and made me feel like I was at home. Housekeeping did a good job as the room was spotless.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
marcy_yates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience which we use to review and improve our guest services and facilities. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly share your positive comments with our team. We hope to see you soon at the Hilton Garden Inn Independence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Key West, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I'm sure it's just a matter of preference but we will never stay at this hotel again! The bed system the Garden Inns use is some kind of number system that goes from soft to firm but for my wife and I it's bad to worse. OMG they are lumpy and just terrible we both did not sleep either of the nights we stayed.Yes we have used this hotel before and didn't like the beds but it's close to where we we going to work and the hotel is very good. But it seems the beds have gotten worse, at least for us. I see other reviews that love them so your choice.
The hotel is very nice. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the furniture is in good shape and the lobby area as most Garden Inns is really nice with the fireplace. While my wife is in meetings and working it's a super relaxing place to sit and read or watch TV. The staff is always friendly and the two Ladies that take care of the breakfast area are just the best!
So bottom line we are finished with Garden Inns if possible and It's just the beds for us. We are Diamond with Hilton but will forgo the points when they are my only choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Hilton Garden Inn Independence. I’m so sorry you experienced some discomfort with the beds during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and I regret to hear you didn’t experience that. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in Independence and we can make sure the bed is as you prefer; firm or soft in advance of your arrival. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience ever.
San Diego
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and it has been my experience that you cant miss at these hotels. The beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. The maids did a great job and the lobby and staff are nice. parking is particularly good as it is at the end of a mall. It was a little noisy due to the fact that there was a cheer-leading competition the next day. I will stay again at the Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Don't go on the weekend of a cheer-leading competition
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
marcy_yates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Independence. We appreciate the kind comments you posted about our hotel. We use these reviews to help improve our guest experience. We will look into how we can better address the noise issues with large groups of kids in the hotel. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I previously wrote a review with one complaint: a miscommunication in the breakfast charge. Well, that was taken care of as soon as it got to the attention of the person in charge of that. The communication that she had with me was excellent and she took care of it promptly. It tells me that Hilton Garden Inn is serious about seeing to it that their guests are taken care of, not only by the obvious, but with the things that might just be a nuisance. This is a wonderful place to stay and we are going to frequent it because of our many trips to this area to visit family. I travel a lot and have stayed in many a hotel. This is the kind of place you hope for! Clean, comfortable and friendly staff besides all the other ammenities.
Thank you so much for putting your guests first.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrewlois54
HGIIndependenceGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
The Hilton Garden Inn wants to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to post about your recent experience with us. We take pride in taking care of our guests and appreciate you for acknowleding that. We sure hope to see you again in your future travels!
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My experience was not based on a stay at this hotel but an event. Our church planned a Valentine's Day event with another venue in the city. The Tuesday prior to the event taking place, I was notified that we were not going to be allowed to have our event at the previously advertised venue. After scrambling to find us another place, I called the Hereford House Restaurant who referred me to the Hilton Garden Inn. This is how it all began...I've NEVER met a staff that was SO accommodating, professional and friendly. I told them our budget and yes, THEY MADE IT HAPPEN!!! From the GM, Marcy to Jodi, Judith, Katie at the front desk & Audrae all I can say is AWESOME!!! Our church family is still talking about the beautiful venue set-up, the food that was catered by The Hereford House & the servers. Thank you ALL for making this event more than we could of ever imagined. WE WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HGIIndependenceGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with our hotel. We were very glad that we could help out your organization. I will make sure to share all your positive comments with our hotel staff. We hope to see you again with future events.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The hotel has very friendly staff, a nice pool and jacuzzi and comfortable rooms. It is attached to a great restaurant for lunch and dinner, Herefore House which offers nice steaks as well as salads and sandwiches. The hotel serves breakfast by very efficient and friend ladies and cooks who are accommodating for special orders.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HGIIndependenceGM, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey which we use to review and improve our guest services and facilities. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly share your positive comments with our team. I do look forward to welcoming you back personally to the Hilton Garden Inn Independence when you travel plans call for you to be in our area.

Karrie A. Bury
Operations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Independence
Italy
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very good Hotel . Room are clean and all the services are good.
The front desk staff is kind and give helpful information.
I recommend this hotel Independence (MO) area for business trip. Several restaurants nearby and very close to Independence Center mall

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGIIndependenceGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Independence, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel services and facilities. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly share your positive comments with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back personally to the Hilton Garden Inn Independence when you travel plans call for you to be in our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City
Higher Ground Hotel
#3 of 18 in Independence
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
My Place Hotel - Kansas City / Independence, MO

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Independence? Share your experiences!