$99
$127
Staybridge.com
$109
GardenInn.com
Comfort Suites Independence(Independence)(Great Value!)
$90
$76
Hotels.com
Higher Ground Hotel(Independence)
$98
Best Western Truman Inn(Independence)(Great Value!)
$58
$51
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $60/night.

$125
Silver Heart Inn(Independence)
$148
$144
All reviewsone bedroom suitebasketball courtabsolutely loved this hotelwould stay here againsome tlcbaseball stadiumstayed for two nightsquiet locationthe breakfast areathe hotel staffvery nice hotelbreakfast staffeasy accessroad triplots of restaurantsshort driveroyals game
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We chose this hotel because of the suite style rooms and we were happy until we began picking fleas off of us right before bed. My husband and I were not sure what to do at such a late hour, but since our 1 yr old son had bite marks on him we knew it was not safe to stay the night in that room. When we were half-way moved into a new room, we noticed fleas jumping off of us and decided the safest and most sanitary decision was to switch to the neighboring hotel that was also owned by Marriott and managed by the same property group. We once again packed up and wiped down all of our belongings, toting all of them across the parking lot late into the night. The next day when discussing our horrifying and exhausting experience with the hotel manager, he insisted that a dog never stayed in our original room and that the hotel doesn't have a flea problem. In the end, we were told that a complimentary night stay for our troubles would only be granted if we returned to the flea infested Residence Inn. Now that we are home from our trip, we have cleaned or thrown away our belongings and fogged our car with the hopes that the fleas from the hotel do not make it into our home. We hope that no one has the nightmare experience that we have had.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelingFamily05
RI_Independence, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Residence Inn. I would liket to offer my sincere apology for the less than enjoyable stay you had at our hotel. I appreciate your concern, interest and the extra time you have taken to bring these matters to my attention.

Your comments regarding fleas are very disturbing to me as they certainly do not represent the quality of service we have proudly built our reputation. I can assure you that we have taken immediate steps to ensure that other guests do not suffer the inconveniences you experienced.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportuity to show you our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Josh Reichert
Director of Sales
Residence Inn
816-795-6466
josh.reichert@archonhospitality,com

Reviewed September 23, 2008

I stayed at this hotel with my mother while we were in town for a class. The desk staff was courteous and the room was very clean.

The breakfast was wonderful every morning. The bedding was very comfortable and the pool and jacuzzi were wonderful. The exercise room was small and warm. The air conditioner didn't work and there was only one treadmill working.

I did ask for an extra blanket in the morning before leaving for class, and had not received it by the evening when we returned. I did go to the desk and asked again and they were able to get one for me right away.

Our room was a decent size but the bathroom was small. The bathroom door didn't close all the way for some reason. There were plenty of towels and shampoo, lotion, condition.

The kitchenette was well stocked with pots/pans/glasses/silverware etc.

Overall it was a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2007

Just stayed here for most of a week with a large group (softball team). We had a great stay and the hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. An excellent place for an extended stay and we were all very pleased with the service that we received. Breakfasts were good and the evening receptions were also. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Kansas City area - very convenient to many restaurants and close to the KC sports complex also.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank HuskerBB
Reviewed May 25, 2007

We stayed here for a week recently, and liked it. Clean, safe, quiet neighborhood, great breakfast, nice indoor pool, good access to surrounding area. Marriott has strong quality standards, and that's why I keep coming back. Not luxury, but for extended stay it is a good place to call home. Two small problems - front desk service could have been more attentive - we had a person who did not seem to care and gave us keys to a room that was not ready, also there was major construction on the main road nearby (5/07) and easy access to the hotel was often a real pain. From what we saw, I doubt you do better in the Independence area.

• Stayed: May 2007
4  Thank longtimeresident
Reviewed April 9, 2007

Great, Clean , Nice Place to stay.
Roomy rooms, Great Hot Breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family